Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Wheel Brush For These Wheels?

Marshall

Question

Love to get some feedback from the forum on the best all around brush or brushes.  Mainly for maintenance washes of these 3 different types of factory OEM wheels. The 1st 2 are normally not coated too bad in brake dust but the 3rd one certainly can be. The last picture is my current wheel brush. A cheap auto parts store "house brand" with soft bristles. Scratches with this one aren't a concern but I'd prefer a bit stiffer bristle for easy of cleaning.  I use Adams Wheel & Tire cleaner as well.

20240319_192846.jpg

6 answers to this question

Just now, Marshall said:

Love to get some feedback from the forum on the best all around brush or brushes.  Mainly for maintenance washes of these 3 different types of factory OEM wheels. The 1st 2 are normally not coated too bad in brake dust but the 3rd one certainly can be. The last picture is my current wheel brush. A cheap auto parts store "house brand" with soft bristles. Scratches with this one aren't a concern but I'd prefer a bit stiffer bristle for easy of cleaning.  I use Adams Wheel & Tire cleaner as well.

20240319_192846.jpg

20240319_192855.jpg

20240319_192910.jpg

20240319_203633.jpg

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

This article should help. Personally, I don't like the newest Tire Brush, the bristles are too stiff. The Wheel Brush is fairly soft and would help with cleaning, while the Boar's Hair brush is even softer.

https://adamspolishes.com/pages/wheel-and-tire-cleaning-detailing-guide#

Excellent article Falcaineer! Funny, I could not find it by searching the Adams website, even the news area? I think jumping to the tire brush would be the opposite extreme since I'm currently dealing with bristles that are too soft. Plus ive seen other members and your opinion about the bristles being too stiff. The wheel brush seems to be an option but I'd like to keep the long handle that I've got with my current "cheap" brush. The wheel wollie or the barrel brush make sense for doing inner sides of the spokes, but perhaps not the best for tires and the wheel face.

I have the older Adam's brushes and have used them for years on my Chevy and GMC wheels and tires.  The brushed have held up very well and the wheels continue to loo great.  I have been know to use them on the Mustang and no harm has come to the brushes or Mustang either.

15 hours ago, RayS said:

I have the older Adam's brushes and have used them for years on my Chevy and GMC wheels and tires.  The brushed have held up very well and the wheels continue to loo great.  I have been know to use them on the Mustang and no harm has come to the brushes or Mustang either.

Thanks Ray! I ordered the larger wheel woolie with my chemical stock up order a couple days ago. My plan is to use it on the daily drivers as well as the Camaro.