Customer Service 866.965.0400

Even More questions MUAHAHAHAH!!

KrazyTrain

Question

1) My in-laws bought a new DTS yesterday and i told them to bring it over sometime in the near future cause we should clay bar it and get some MSW on it. They seem to think you dont need to do anything to a new vehicle??? Am i right or are they right?

2) I have a orange, white and black pad that i used last weekend, how should i care for those? is there a cleaning procedure for them or do i just keep using them the way they are? I was going to put each on ein a zip lock for future use.

Thanks, you guys are the best!!!! :bow:

Steve

9 answers to this question

You are correct, the car needs clay, polish & wax. Build it up & protect it using the regular procedures. By the time the car gets to the dealer the paint is cured, no worries there.

Bruce

If they doubt you, do the plastic bag test to demonstrate. Put a plastic bag (a thin one) over your hand and rub it over the car. If you can feel bumps, that's embedded dirt and it needs clayed. That should prove it to them.

As for the pads, I wash them out after each use and let them dry before storing them. I don't put them away damp because that would just promote mold or mildew.

Hi Steve,

Very good questions. Remember when cars are shipped they can grab a lot of brake dust and rail dust. Have your in laws do the plastic bag test. Have them put their hand in a thin plastic bag and run it over the trunk and hood. That will let them see for themselves.

For your pads use all purpose spray to clean them. It gets in the foam and breaks up the wax and polish. Then rinse out with water from a hose (fire hose nozzle puts a nice stream). You can let them air dry. There is no need to put them in a plastic bag, I would at least put holes in the bag for ventilation. when you use them again prime them with a couple mist of deatail spray.

Steve:2thumbs:

Thanks everyone!!! i will wash out my pads tonight with all purpose spray and rinse them.

My in-laws are supposed to come over tonight with the new car i will show them with the plastic bag test that i am right. When i showed my wife my truck with the plastic bag test she just yelled and said i need to do her car now...:lol:

:pc: