Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing Your Car Cover

Devin04

Question

Sorry if this is in here somewhere I couldn't find it. I have nice quality custom fit car cover. It has a tag on it but it doesn't have washing directions. Are these ok to throw into a washer or dryer if so what settings and soap work best?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Sorry if this is in here somewhere I couldn't find it. I have nice quality custom fit car cover. It has a tag on it but it doesn't have washing directions. Are these ok to throw into a washer or dryer if so what settings and soap work best?

Thanks.

I have a Wolf cover for my Vette. I actually emailed them to ask how to wash it. They said just put it in a big washer and use Woolite. Then dry it in a dryer, but keep an eye on it so that it doesn't get needlessly hot or dry. Our washer and dryer are a little on the small side, so I just took my cover to a laundromat. It took about 20 minutes in one of those jumbo dryers.

:cheers:

rich

Mine says to wash with cold water on a gentle cycle, no fabric softener. I then dry it on a low heat setting. Takes a couple cycles in the dryer to get it completely dry though.

I agree, although I don't dry mine completely.

I sell car covers and I can tell you for sure do not put it in the dryer! Most covers are cotton based and will shrink. Wash it in a large front load washer (like at a laundromat) and let it dry itself. Use 1/2 cup of fragrance free Fantastic or Simple Green.

I sell car covers and I can tell you for sure do not put it in the dryer! Most covers are cotton based and will shrink. Wash it in a large front load washer (like at a laundromat) and let it dry itself. Use 1/2 cup of fragrance free Fantastic or Simple Green.

Why the Fantastic or Simple Green over Tide or Woolite? Just curious. Would it be ok to use Tide or Woolite?

It has to do with the treatment that is on the covers that prevent water penetration and repel UV rays. Tide or Woolite might work but they have been tested with fragrance free Fantastic and Simple Green so I can tell you for sure that they will be perfectly fine :)

Thanks for getting back to me Brandon. Noah makes my car cover; I found the tag on it finally. Here are the directions for my cover you were spot on. :2thumbs:

From Noah's website:

The easiest way to care for this cover is to hose it off while it's on the car and allow it to air dry. To remove a stain, spray the cover with water, spot mist with Fantastik All-Purpose Cleaner, lightly sponge, thoroughly rinse and allow to air dry on the vehicle. NOAH covers can also be cleaned by a commercial laundromat. Wash using 1/4 cup of Fantastik in warm or cold water in the "Normal" or "Permanent Press" setting. Wash in a machine without an agitator. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners. Air dry only. DO NOT put cover in an automatic dryer. DO NOT DRY CLEAN.

Edited by Devin04

Thanks for getting back to me Brandon. Noah makes my car cover; I found the tag on it finally. Here are the directions for my cover you were spot on. :2thumbs:

From Noah's website:

The easiest way to care for this cover is to hose it off while it's on the car and allow it to air dry. To remove a stain, spray the cover with water, spot mist with Fantastik All-Purpose Cleaner, lightly sponge, thoroughly rinse and allow to air dry on the vehicle. NOAH covers can also be cleaned by a commercial laundromat. Wash using 1/4 cup of Fantastik in warm or cold water in the "Normal" or "Permanent Press" setting. Wash in a machine without an agitator. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners. Air dry only. DO NOT put cover in an automatic dryer. DO NOT DRY CLEAN.

That was the understanding that I have too. My cover came with those instructions.