Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Products vs. Winter Temps

Team Adam's

Question

Hey all you incredible Adam's Forums posters,

I've gotten several emails from concerned customers asking what the upcoming winters will do to our products. The general rule is to not allow our products to either boil or freeze.

As long as the products don't get too hot, over 100 degrees, or freeze, they will be good for 2+ years. Anything with a petroleum base, as nearly all waxes and polishes are, will go bad quickly if the cap is left open.

Here's another tip: NEVER LEAVE PRODUCTS IN YOUR TRUNK! It can get over 180 degrees, especially if the car is dark in color. In the winter, the products will freeze. Our chemicals are heated when made, and re-heating them causes major separation, and makes products tough to use. Chemicals hate temperature change, so, if possible, keep the fluctuations to a minimum.

Here's the really good part about Adam's: If anything you buy 'spoils' or is less than excellent in quality or results, we will replace it, or refund your purchase 110%, no questions asked. If you are concerned that some of your products have frozen or boiled, email me and we'll make it right.

Thanks again for your business!

11 answers to this question

Hey all you incredible Adam's Forums posters,

I've gotten several emails from concerned customers asking what the upcoming winters will do to our products. The general rule is to not allow our products to either boil or freeze.

As long as the products don't get too hot, over 100 degrees, or freeze, they will be good for 2+ years. Anything with a petroleum base, as nearly all waxes and polishes are, will go bad quickly if the cap is left open.

Here's another tip: NEVER LEAVE PRODUCTS IN YOUR TRUNK! It can get over 180 degrees, especially if the car is dark in color. In the winter, the products will freeze. Our chemicals are heated when made, and re-heating them causes major separation, and makes products tough to use. Chemicals hate temperature change, so, if possible, keep the fluctuations to a minimum.

Here's the really good part about Adam's: If anything you buy 'spoils' or is less than excellent in quality or results, we will replace it, or refund your purchase 110%, no questions asked. If you are concerned that some of your products have frozen or boiled, email me and we'll make it right.

Thanks again for your business!

Jason, Would the "never leave products in your trunk" rule also apply to Detail Spray?? I generally like to keep some on hand in the car.....

I have not had any issues with Detail Spray and heat but I still make it a point to bring products in doors on a hot day in SoCal when the temps are over 100'F. You'll want to look for discoloration and separation.

Ahhhhhhhhh, south California!!!

Jason, Would the "never leave products in your trunk" rule also apply to Detail Spray?? I generally like to keep some on hand in the car.....

i would say yes because i forgot a bottle of detail spray in my trunk one winter and it froze and was really clear and looked like it had drops of oil in it.:confused:

I'm going to order the 4 oz, sample pack for just this reason. I'm thinking I could fit them in a fanny pack along with a MF towel and just carry that in the truck. Then it's easy enough to take in or out or just pack under the seat for moderate weather storage.

I'm going to order the 4 oz, sample pack for just this reason. I'm thinking I could fit them in a fanny pack along with a MF towel and just carry that in the truck. Then it's easy enough to take in or out or just pack under the seat for moderate weather storage.

I have that exact thing in my truck. Never know when you need or want to show someone how awesome Adam's stuff is.