Customer Service 866.965.0400

The crooks are out there...

Superdutytd

Well I washed my garage saturday morning and had to leave the garage open so that it would dry out. I set all my detailing stuff outside mixed in with some garbage and recycling that was also there. Saturday night I go to close up my garage and guess what?? My gym bag full of towels/pads/wash mitts was gone, my recycling bin, which had a couple of products (including my Polisher) was also gone. Oh and the tote that held all of my detailing products from Adams (everything Adam's carries) is also gone. :(

I live in Boise, Idaho. Nothing gets stolen around here i guess except for detailing products. Oh so special. I figure it was around a 500 dollar day at least. :cool:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This is really the most I've ever had stolen from me in my entire life so I guess I'm not doing too bad but it still really bites. I posted up some reward signs but so far nothing as of yet. I suppose I'll start to replenish my supplies starting with a PC and the complete detailing kit. I tallied up the amount of products that were in there and including my non-adams products and the PorterCable it added up to $620. :cool:

Edited by Superdutytd

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This is really the most I've ever had stolen from me in my entire life so I guess I'm not doing too bad but it still really bites. I posted up some reward signs but so far nothing as of yet. I suppose I'll start to replenish my supplies starting with a PC and the complete detailing kit. I tallied up the amount of products that were in there and including my non-adams products and the PorterCable it added up to $620. :cool:

Were all the pads and adapters I gave you lost in the take? That would really blow.

Rich I actually have all of those! They were safely tucked away inside.

Heres what I have left:

1 blue towel

drying towel

2 orange pads

2 white pads

1 orange 4" pad

1 Yellow 4" pad

They got all my adapters and everything, which were with the PC

I have thought about getting the Flex but I think I will settle for the new PC.

It's not really a money issue. Its more of an experience deal. I have though about it but its still forced rotation. Many people say its safe for beginners and I'm kind of experienced but I would have liked to have a couple more full corrections of dark paint under halogens under my belt. I would much rather have both though dammit.

Not that I can find. I've been checking craigslist to no avail and ebay to no avail.

I have also decided I'm going to step up to a flex polisher as all my Adam's pads (at least the ones I have left :willy:) will fit on it and I have a lot of bigger vehicles to do! :burnout:

I will for sure wear ear protection. I don't know how much I will be doing at flex's higher speeds for a while though! Adam's pads bolt onto the flex backing plate right?

The Gen 2 pads fit great, you can NOT use Gen 1 pads. That is the only thing I do not like about the Flex. You can only use 5 1/2 inch pads or larger. But the results are great !!!!

Yea thats what I figured. I might try and pick up a PC later down the road if I can find a used one for cheap so I can use small pads. Actually though someone just came out with an adaptor for the Flex so you can use the quick disconnect pads (1st gen style).

I saw those in the past and they were hard to got your hands on. They only made a few at a time.

The company that made them got bought by 3M and for the time being does not make the Flex adapter anymore. There's supposed to be something coming out within he next few months, though.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like 3M JUST released a new version for smaller, dual-sided pads!

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome