Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looking for a special Detail Kit

BlownG8GT

Question

21 answers to this question

No we don't Brian, and that might be a huge mistake on our end! We have found that we sell very little product at motorcycle shows, and motorcycles come in all flavors, like cars and trucks.

Billet, stainless, leather, vinyl, but one thing most all bikes have is paint, and since all bikes have paint, we sell our kits for the bikes.

Smaller bottles is one direction, but is seems everyone doing that has struck out with few sales, as products that work on a truck or car also work perfectly well on a motorcycle.

(They don't use a different grade of paint or aluminum, or chrome on a motorcycle than they do on a vehicle.)

Help me Brother! What would a motorcycle kit include?:help:

No we don't Brian, and that might be a huge mistake on our end! We have found that we sell very little product at motorcycle shows, and motorcycles come in all flavors, like cars and trucks.

Billet, stainless, leather, vinyl, but one thing most all bikes have is paint, and since all bikes have paint, we sell our kits for the bikes.

Smaller bottles is one direction, but is seems everyone doing that has struck out with few sales, as products that work on a truck or car also work perfectly well on a motorcycle.

(They don't use a different grade of paint or aluminum, or chrome on a motorcycle than they do on a vehicle.)

Help me Brother! What would a motorcycle kit include?:help:

I think a nice small carry bag like the one you have for the automotive stuff would be a good start. Big enough to hold a standard spray bottle of detail spray, aluminium polish, chrome cleaner (BSG?), small Butter Wax, Small VRT, and some MF towels?. Just a thought, I think if targeted at the right HARLEY shops they would sell.

I just bought your small bottle kit for my bike. I don't need wax and what not. I don't wax it when I'm away but it's nice to have some DS which is why I bought the kit.

Personally I wouldn't buy small stuff like the wax and towels. I will use what I have. Most guys touring don't give a rats back side about a few bugs and what not and around here they wax their bike at home, drive it to the show and then spray some DS on it and wipe down before showing.

That's just my take on it.

I'm having some paint work done to my Vmax here soon and will follow up with some pics once it's cured and ready to polish and wax.

Chris

I just bought your small bottle kit for my bike. I don't need wax and what not. I don't wax it when I'm away but it's nice to have some DS which is why I bought the kit.

Personally I wouldn't buy small stuff like the wax and towels. I will use what I have. Most guys touring don't give a rats back side about a few bugs and what not and around here they wax their bike at home, drive it to the show and then spray some DS on it and wipe down before showing.

That's just my take on it.

I'm having some paint work done to my Vmax here soon and will follow up with some pics once it's cured and ready to polish and wax.

Chris

There is a group of people that would use the stuff on their bikes at home, and a group that wouldn't. It would be an interesting test to make a kit from existing inventory (zero cost) and market it as a "Motorcycle" kit and see what happens.

Just a thought.....The basic Car kit is a bit more than a Motorcycle would need. Something in the 39.99 retail range would be nice.

I see what you're saying Brian.

I am admin on two MC forums. Offer a kit and a deal and I will tell others about them and use my bikes as examples. You may want to start hitting the motorcycle and boat shows with this stuff. There is NO reason people wouldn't love this stuff for their boats. It did ours proud! It's all silicon free which means it won't cause gel coat to yellow. Many people pay big dollars for marine specific Meguires (I used to) and the results are NO WHERE near what they are with Adams.

Chris

I see what you're saying Brian.

I am admin on two MC forums. Offer a kit and a deal and I will tell others about them and use my bikes as examples. You may want to start hitting the motorcycle and boat shows with this stuff. There is NO reason people wouldn't love this stuff for their boats. It did ours proud! It's all silicon free which means it won't cause gel coat to yellow. Many people pay big dollars for marine specific Meguires (I used to) and the results are NO WHERE near what they are with Adams.

Chris

What forums?

I know all the riders in my family are just as anal as I am with my cars:rockon:

Something small and compact for a quik detail and clean up would sell....

my brother-inlaw already stole my small bottles from my Adams collection and put detail spray and APC in them :2thumbs:

I think a nice small carry bag like the one you have for the automotive stuff would be a good start. Big enough to hold a standard spray bottle of detail spray, aluminium polish, chrome cleaner (BSG?), small Butter Wax, Small VRT, and some MF towels?. Just a thought, I think if targeted at the right HARLEY shops they would sell.

I think if targeted at the right HARLEY shops they would sell.

I don't think Harley would allow that. They are so ##### about anything that does not have HD on it.

Later,

I detail bikes all the time

I bring everything I would use for a car.

If you make a kit I would suggest some tools to make it easier to get into tight spots with to polish the chrome/aluminum. I would also include the 4" focal pads.

Having owned a variety of bikes I hope to help.

Harley kits would be mostly chrome and leather oriented. Along with something for the fearing and the fuel tank for wax. Clay would help as well on the bikes.

BMWs have a ton of painted faring and body panels so this would probably more of the paint correction and wax.

Kawasaki and sport bikes have less faring but a lot of tight spaces. Detail brushes along with other small hard to reach are tools are a must. But that is almost any bike now that I think about it.

I think there would be to many different kits to choose from or maybe that is what is needed. Different kits. Just a though.

I think if targeted at the right HARLEY shops they would sell. . . . . That is the major problem with Harley. Having a 2004 Softail Heritage, I use a "special" oil for engine, tranny, rear end. Tried every Harley store I come across to see if I can place a small display. If it doesn't say Harley on it I just wasted a lot of my time. Harley Corp. as we all know is extremely proud of the name. If THEY don't make it, they don't sell it. One of their 5 gallon wash buckets are selling for $35.00! So a detail kit as descriped would wreck my "chrome buying" budget. I've built my own Adams detail carrying kit so as I move around the bike, cleaning it, all my products are within arms reach.

:lolsmack: Wow and I though BMW was bad. :D

1) 4" pad kit

2) trim and lug brush

3) in and out spray

4) super vrt

5) smaller foam block applicators

6) APC

7) Leather cleaner/conditioner

8) Metal polish 1 & 2

9) wax of choice

Good list, some product is for detailing a bike, but more important what essentials they take on the road, and keep that to a minimum. I go with Detail Spray, WCW, Leather Conditioner, Metal Polish #1, maybe a small bottle of VRT, and minimum applicators.

Other stuff like In & Out is great for detailing, but stays home.

Bruce