Customer Service 866.965.0400

Easier polish/wax removal

Marylander

Question

Just wanted to throw this out there... one of my favorite Adam's tricks is using the PC to remove dried polish and wax. You just put a clean MF towel between the paint and the PC's pad and then lightly and quickly go over the panel you just did. At 1000-2000 OPMs it takes the stuff off with barely any effort. :cheers:

14 answers to this question

I should of done this the other day. The APW is a work out to get off.

How long did you leave it on the car for? With the paste you should leave it for only a few minutes. Since it is already a solid while it's in the jar it has very little cure time. The application process basically turns it into a liquid temporarily to allow you to put it on the car.

Do 2 panels at a time, and when you finish applying the wax to the second panel, go and remove the residue from the first.

i tried this before and i personally think its easier to just wipe it down by hand. I was having problems with the towel slipping off the pc and touching the ground while detailing the corvette.

Me 2, at least while detailing the mustang.

Just wanted to throw this out there... one of my favorite Adam's tricks is using the PC to remove dried polish and wax. You just put a clean MF towel between the paint and the PC's pad and then lightly and quickly go over the panel you just did. At 1000-2000 OPMs it takes the stuff off with barely any effort. :cheers:

:iagree: Thanks Rich !

How long did you leave it on the car for? With the paste you should leave it for only a few minutes. Since it is already a solid while it's in the jar it has very little cure time. The application process basically turns it into a liquid temporarily to allow you to put it on the car.

Do 2 panels at a time, and when you finish applying the wax to the second panel, go and remove the residue from the first.

This was my mistake, I covered the whole car then it sat for a few minutes on top of that. Then I tried to take it off.

I've used the Americana on a few different occasions, and actually was curious once and did a whole vehicle before removing, and it still came off effortlessly, but it was an extremely thin coat. Good stuff :rockon:

Yep. You really don't need to use a lot. You want to cover the area, but not heavy. Just a nice thin coat is more than enough.