Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying Buttery wax

livingwater

Question

It's time to venture into another level of shine performance for my vette.

I'm a regular user of Adams Detail spray and I just used the Brilliant Spray Glaze for the 1st time (I love it!!!).

I need advise from my forum family in the proper methods for working with Adams Buttery wax.

Can anyone please list the steps and methods that they use!

Your input is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

12 answers to this question

Simply apply a thin coat using a microfiber applicator pad. Do one panel at a time, the border of the panel first and then fill in the base. This ensures you cover every square inch. Let the wax cure for about 20 minutes.

When I use the mf applicators I like to fold it in half width-wise and apply the Buttery Wax, or BSG whichever I'm using, along the 'spine' of the fold. This way my fingers won't accidentally touch the car and it gives you more control over the pad for a better grip and a more even application.

applicatorfold.jpg

After the cure time has passed, swipe the residue with your fingertip. If it comes off like dust, it's ready to be removed. Take a microfiber towel and start removing the wax residue in the same manner and order that you applied it, again to ensure complete removal. You can lightly mist the towel with Detail Spray if it doesn't come off as easy as you'd like.

As with most of Adam's products, a little goes a long way, you want to lay it down thin. Multiple thin coats are better. Make sure you have adequate lighting so you can easily see what areas are covered.

Edited by GerryC

What i would do is apply a thin coat of revive poish with the mf pad and do what gerryc says. And then apply the butter wax the same way right on top of it. the ticket is thin coats. And usually do to panels at at time. and myself i dont leave the wax on for long. couple minutes it seams the minute i put it on it is ready to take off.

What i would do is apply a thin coat of revive poish with the mf pad and do what gerryc says. And then apply the butter wax the same way right on top of it.

You do wipe of the revive right? The way that sounds is apply the BW right over the Revive without wiping the Revive off...:confused::confused:You always want to lay down wax with the cleanest surface possible.

You do wipe of the revive right? The way that sounds is apply the BW right over the Revive without wiping the Revive off...:confused::confused:You always want to lay down wax with the cleanest surface possible.

:iagree:

I always start with the swirl and haze remover and the revive. I do the entire car first. Then do the whole car with the buttery wax. I do it all at once rather than sections. By the time I get the whole car coated, it's dry where I started and I can just wipe it off. After the haze is gone and it's polished up nice, THEN I use the brilliant spray glaze to give it the deep wet shine. :2thumbs:

I always start with the swirl and haze remover and the revive. I do the entire car first. Then do the whole car with the buttery wax. I do it all at once rather than sections. By the time I get the whole car coated, it's dry where I started and I can just wipe it off. After the haze is gone and it's polished up nice, THEN I use the brilliant spray glaze to give it the deep wet shine. :2thumbs:

I agree :thumbsup:

I meant to say what rich said. Sorry

Gerry pretty much hit it on the head. Only thing I'd add is when you put the wax to the pad first fold the pad in on the wax and rub it against itself OR with your bare hand spread the wax over the applicator surface.

If you put a glob in the middle and just go right to the paint you'll end up with some spots where the product is far too thick. By 'seasoning' the applicator before hand you help ensure an even/thin application. It also helps to do a spritz of detail spray on the applicator when you start as well.

:iagree::iagree: