Customer Service 866.965.0400

velcro isnt sticking

sshhbequiet

Question

whats up guys. i went out to polish new new motorcycle (wooo hooo!!!) and the daamn velcro on the orange pad isnt sticking to the polisher. all i did was \wash them in the kitchen sink. not washer or anything. whats up with that? im not even done with my truck yet (weather has been really shiity the past week) and the pad isnt sticking anymore, so how am i supposed to finish my truck???:mad:

This seems to be a lot of cases of pads not being centered on the backing plate. I've made this mistake in the past, had the pad slightly off center and the velcro never fully seats. As soon as you get going an edge will lift and WOOPS!! There goes your pad.

Please make sure you're taking the time to carefully center your pads before beginning a detail and place some pressure squarely in the middle to ensure the pad is fully seated into the velcro. Excessive heat is a sign that the pad is spinning and the velcro isn't fully engaged.

Pads can be uncentered with a PC? Don't they fit perfectly in the groove? I know with the Flex you really have to make sure and center them.

Edited by Superdutytd

Pads can be uncentered with a PC? Don't they fit perfectly in the groove? I know with the Flex you really have to make sure and center them.

No, they actually can be off center. That's why you need to run your fingers around the edge and push down and make sure you see the same amount of black the whole way around the edge.

I have found that my older pads are kinda losing their velcro grip. The pad itself is still good, since I keep them clean, but they dont seem to hang on to the polisher like they use to.

Hi Jeff, how many vehicles have you used the pads on? Is the pad threatening to fly off, or is it just easier to pull off now?

Are you finding this to be the case with all of the pads, or just the orange?

Remember, our goods are all guaranteed for life. (Even though buffing pads clearly wear out, and velcro clearly wears out.)

Thanks for getting back with me!:thumbsup: