Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana observations

DCRANER

Question

Did the Vette today, and with two very thin coats it wipes off super easy with the white towel. Gives a darker / deeper finish, very nice. I let the finish cure for a few hours then misted with DS / MF towel as a final step.

Two points though:

1. When first running the spong pad over the wax in the container I got little hard shavings of wax, seemed the top surface was very dry. It took about 3 or 4 swipes to get down to a smooth moist surface in the container. I wonder if a spritz with DS in the container might be a good idea for the first use.

2. With my container the entire wax slab spins in the container, so you can't twist the spong pad to get wax on the spong. Either my container is odd, or maybe the bottom of the container could have a serated base to hold the wax slab from spinning.

Just a suggestion, but overall a terrific product.

Can you tell the difference between 100 thread count sheets from wal-mart and 600 thread count sheets from JC Penny?

Or how about the difference between that drop forged wrench from Big-Lots and the Craftsman at Sears?

Some people do not know the difference until they feel the 600 thread count sheets... Some people would rather live in ignorance.

Me personally, I used to love Eagle One products and I used everything in their line up. That is until I used Adam's...

Eagle One spray is about $4 ... Adam's is $13 (plus shipping) which ends up costing 4 - 5 times as much as what I used before.

What justifies me spending so much more on the same product? The quality!

"You get what you pay for" is not just a rumor going around started by some crazy guy. Quality comes at a price. And so does a persons ego.

"I drive a pinto...." "I drive a Maserati...." Which sounds better? Both go from point A to point B but one is much more than the other. Along with quality comes with a name, your also paying for the name.

I am not going to justify 10K or more for car wax, but then again, I wouldn't spend half a million dollars on a car. But I do believe there is probably a night and day difference between that 10K stuff and everything else out.

I see your point, to a point. Adams stuff is better and worth more than Eagle one. BUT there comes a point where there can be no descernable difference. Adams stuff is great at a moderate cost. There are more expencive things out there with maybe a tiny bit better results. My point is the waxes for several thousands of dollars are in NO WAY justifiable, even at a microscopic level. To use your tool analogy, your craftsman tool is a quality tool at a good price, an S-K tool is a little better but at an increase in price that is reasonable. If a craftsman wrench was $50 and the S-K was $5000 it would be the same as these waxes. You say night and day difference....how, more durable, unlikely, more shine, unlikely, night and day difference if an obviuos difference......look at your ride after a good detail with Adams stuff, do you really think if you spent $10,000 on a wax you would say, that really was worth the cost, the difference is obvious????? Come on:willy:

There is no way in the world that anyone can justify the prices you guys are putting out there. The cost of the car has no impact on the value of the wax! I dont but some of you detail professionally and I would bet alot that if one of you "pros" used this $10,000 product on say a new Z06 and used Adams stuff on an identical car another group of "pros" would not be able to tell the difference with the finished product....no way, no how.

You'd lose that bet. Not to take away from Adam's products - they're great!; but, just as Cyclone touched on, there is a difference. If Doug had let me loose on his vette over the weekend, you'd be able to see that Cyber Grey Metallic from outer space - and orbiting right next to you would be the astronomical cost of the products and the the detail :lol:

You'd lose that bet. Not to take away from Adam's products - they're great!; but, just as Cyclone touched on, there is a difference. If Doug had let me loose on his vette over the weekend, you'd be able to see that Cyber Grey Metallic from outer space - and orbiting right next to you would be the astronomical cost of the products and the the detail :lol:

Whoa, now that might be worth 10 grand.............just to stir up a certain owner of a blueish Vette way up north somewhere...:jester::rockon:

I know nothing about 10 grand wax, not even a real detailer, just your average Joe. But I will say this, I put the American Wax on my orange Mustang last night and at the age of 50 I did say Holy $h t!!. Clayed, Swirl. Revive, Machine Wax.... I then used whisper thin coats of the wax, easy on and easy off. No pictures but trust me I rarley used the car to begin with, now it may never leave the garage. Nice work Adam.

I know nothing about 10 grand wax, not even a real detailer, just your average Joe. But I will say this, I put the American Wax on my orange Mustang last night and at the age of 50 I did say Holy $h t!!. Clayed, Swirl. Revive, Machine Wax.... I then used whisper thin coats of the wax, easy on and easy off. No pictures but trust me I rarley used the car to begin with, now it may never leave the garage. Nice work Adam.

That's what I love about Adam's, professional results with average detailers.:pc::pc::pc:

You need to show it off though.

I got my americana in the mail the other day its sittin in my kitchen..im hoping and preying its a nice weekend in the ny/nj area so i can take out my viper (been sitting in the garage for like 3 weeks) and redetail it get the damage off the rear trunk lid..and finish it off with the americana