Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana observations

DCRANER

Question

Did the Vette today, and with two very thin coats it wipes off super easy with the white towel. Gives a darker / deeper finish, very nice. I let the finish cure for a few hours then misted with DS / MF towel as a final step.

Two points though:

1. When first running the spong pad over the wax in the container I got little hard shavings of wax, seemed the top surface was very dry. It took about 3 or 4 swipes to get down to a smooth moist surface in the container. I wonder if a spritz with DS in the container might be a good idea for the first use.

2. With my container the entire wax slab spins in the container, so you can't twist the spong pad to get wax on the spong. Either my container is odd, or maybe the bottom of the container could have a serated base to hold the wax slab from spinning.

Just a suggestion, but overall a terrific product.

Bill,

What is your definition of odd?? Something like Rich?? :jester:

I used DS on mine before using and it worked great. :thumbsup:

Lets see the pics. :burnout:

She's talking about the OTHER Rich. :jester:

These guys got it right. A spritz of detail spray and a rub instead of a twist and you'll be good to go. :2thumbs:

She's talking about the OTHER Rich. :jester:

These guys got it right. A spritz of detail spray and a rub instead of a twist and you'll be good to go. :2thumbs:

No, she was right about the Rich.

When are you guys going to learn... never question her, and when it doubt blame BILL. :cheers:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

No, she was right about the Rich.

When are you guys going to learn... never question her, and when it doubt blame BILL. :cheers:

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Nah, just blame Bill for everything. :lol:

the wax rattles around in my jar also. not the biggest issue, but I like to spin the applicator pad on the wax, not drag it in straight lines. not sure why, really.

WELL STOP IT! :lolsmack:

givemebeersml.gif

:iagree:

To also help with wax application, lightly swirl your fingers over the wax for a minute before starting to apply it - that will warm it up, make it soft, and also get rid of those "wax shards". Waxes will spin in its container because they're poured as a liquid, which then turns into a solid as it cools, so the wax brick will contract a bit - it's just the nature of the beast. I almost dropped a container of $1,100 wax because it was loose like that! :willy::willy:

:iagree:

To also help with wax application, lightly swirl your fingers over the wax for a minute before starting to apply it - that will warm it up, make it soft, and also get rid of those "wax shards". Waxes will spin in its container because they're poured as a liquid, which then turns into a solid as it cools, so the wax brick will contract a bit - it's just the nature of the beast. I almost dropped a container of $1,100 wax because it was loose like that! :willy::willy:

Am i the only one thinking it is insane to spend $1100 on wax, come on:lolsmack:

Am i the only one thinking it is insane to spend $1100 on wax, come on:lolsmack:

That all depends on the car and what the customer wants.

Something like this = not worth it:

IMG_0063.jpg

Something like this = worth it:

after12.jpg

It's a matter of degree.

I was actually lucky enough to see one of those in person, its a beautiful blue.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

It is, however, hopelessly embarrassing to drive :lol: It's just so over-the-top and silly...lol. I'd take a 599 GTB over that any day - so much more elegant and graceful. :drool:

It is, however, hopelessly embarrassing to drive :lol: It's just so over-the-top and silly...lol. I'd take a 599 GTB over that any day - so much more elegant and graceful. :drool:
Ferrari-599-GTB-Fiorano.jpg

riiiiigghhtt...

Just kidding:D

I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to drive either car. I'm not sure what one I would choose. HMMM

There is no way in the world that anyone can justify the prices you guys are putting out there. The cost of the car has no impact on the value of the wax! I dont but some of you detail professionally and I would bet alot that if one of you "pros" used this $10,000 product on say a new Z06 and used Adams stuff on an identical car another group of "pros" would not be able to tell the difference with the finished product....no way, no how.

There is no way in the world that anyone can justify the prices you guys are putting out there. The cost of the car has no impact on the value of the wax! I dont but some of you detail professionally and I would bet alot that if one of you "pros" used this $10,000 product on say a new Z06 and used Adams stuff on an identical car another group of "pros" would not be able to tell the difference with the finished product....no way, no how.

Can you tell the difference between 100 thread count sheets from wal-mart and 600 thread count sheets from JC Penny?

Or how about the difference between that drop forged wrench from Big-Lots and the Craftsman at Sears?

Some people do not know the difference until they feel the 600 thread count sheets... Some people would rather live in ignorance.

Me personally, I used to love Eagle One products and I used everything in their line up. That is until I used Adam's...

Eagle One spray is about $4 ... Adam's is $13 (plus shipping) which ends up costing 4 - 5 times as much as what I used before.

What justifies me spending so much more on the same product? The quality!

"You get what you pay for" is not just a rumor going around started by some crazy guy. Quality comes at a price. And so does a persons ego.

"I drive a pinto...." "I drive a Maserati...." Which sounds better? Both go from point A to point B but one is much more than the other. Along with quality comes with a name, your also paying for the name.

I am not going to justify 10K or more for car wax, but then again, I wouldn't spend half a million dollars on a car. But I do believe there is probably a night and day difference between that 10K stuff and everything else out.