Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shedding towel

airhog

Question

25 answers to this question

I just bought the Adam's super plush microfiber towel. I was just using it today on my van to wipe off the detail spray and noticed it was loosing lots of fiber. Any reasons why? Any way to fix it?

How long have you had the towel for?

I find it very good for the towel's to wash them in hot water and put some vinegar in the bleach dispensor. And then I hang them to dry or use the delicate cyclone (if I am in a hurry for them)

I'll have to try that:thumbsup:

I just bought the Adam's super plush microfiber towel. I was just using it today on my van to wipe off the detail spray and noticed it was loosing lots of fiber. Any reasons why? Any way to fix it?

Washing it does the trick, but PLEASE keep us posted, as it you have a defective towel, we want to replace it quick!

(Seldom have we had a defective MF towel from Korea, but it's happened!)

Thanks for using out goods AirHog!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Is it ok to throw all wash/dry/polish goods in the washer at the same time? For example, the wash mitt, white WW towel, blue MF?

Hey Esteban, great question! No! Wash Microfiber with microfiber. Don't wash the mitt ever, just rinse it out before and after each use.

Washing MF with terry, or anything else really, is a bad plan. The fibers are so sticky, they pick up lint, and any fabric that's in the laundry.

Keep them separate for best results my friend!:2thumbs:

I wash all my MF before using them. They seem to work better after a wash, plus it gets some of the dye out. I washed the blue ones with my white drying towels and now my white towel is a VERY light blue. ;)

How many of you prewash them in a bucket with hot water?

I put some dawn and hot water in the wash bucket and then let ALL the MF soak over night and then squeeze out the water and then wash with that no color, no perfume, hypoallergenic detergent. I use it on all my clothes so NO I'm not that anal! lol

Chris

I wash all my MF before using them. They seem to work better after a wash, plus it gets some of the dye out. I washed the blue ones with my white drying towels and now my white towel is a VERY light blue. ;)

:iagree:Same thing happned to me I shoulda washed the blue towels once by themselves before I put them in with my other stuff. In my opinion all high quality MF should be dye free, just my .02

:iagree:Same thing happned to me I shoulda washed the blue towels once by themselves before I put them in with my other stuff. In my opinion all high quality MF should be dye free, just my .02

Actually our blue towels came out first white and we found them to be so soft they wouldn't absorb anything! We had to dye them to get them to actually work!

Imagine how soft they must have been to not even pick up Detail Spray! :pc:

Actually our blue towels came out first white and we found them to be so soft they wouldn't absorb anything! We had to dye them to get them to actually work!

Imagine how soft they must have been to not even pick up Detail Spray! :pc:

Wow. Ya those are some nice towels. They excerded my expectations. Sorry didn't know they were white before I'm pretty new to Adam's. But so far I'm loving it.