Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana, its time to buy??

Shimy86

Question

A coule questions for guys who have used it. I get the thin coat thing but,

1) how long do you let dry

2) is the new white buffing towel needed or will the blue get same results

3) strip to new or go over MSW

4) I'm cheap, is it really that much better than MSW, I have a hard time with it being able to outshine MSW on black

5) BSG over top the next day?? or is it not needed

Thanks!!:cheers:

1. Americana only needs a few minutes to dry before it's time to wipe it off. Do 2 panels of the car at a time, apply, and remove. Then move onto 2 more panels.

2. The white towel has a short nap side which is much more effective at removing the paste residue than the blue towels. use the short side to remove the residue, then flip over to the longer nap to buff the paint to a gloss.

3. You can put the paste directly over the MSW

4. MSW is a sealant. If you want a pure carnauba shine, use Americana. If you're tight on your budget, you can always use Buttery Wax, which is a liquid carnauba wax.

5. You can follow up wax with BSG, however BSG does not last long at all. It's more of a gloss enhancer which is best used right before a car show or when you need to have the car look its best. A day later the glaze will be mostly gone.

1) Not long. Some people like to let it sit just long enough for them to finish a panel or two then remove it. I did my whole car the first time before removing it and found it much harder to remove then when I only wait a short time.

2) You can just use the Blue towel no need to spend the extra cash unless you want it or are short on MF. Since I ordered when it first came out mine came free with the wax and it's the only towel I use to remove the Americana with.

3-4) You can do whatever works for you. I prefer to strip to new. However, some people like to put it over MSW because it's actually more of a sealant. But I never got hooked on MSW, only had it for a short time before I got Americana. I would say it will outlast and outshine MSW you should get more depth too.

5) It's not needed but it wont do any harm. When I detail I use Americana on all paint, sometimes chrome and lights. I use the BSG for doing windows and chrome. Every now and then if I don't feel like prepping and waxing my whole car I'll use some BSG to bring back a lot of that shine.

Hope that helps.

I have nothing more to add... Gerry nailed it. :cheers:

Ok, I do have something to add... you'll get a LOT of coats out of a single jar of Americana, so in the long run it's actually quite a value compared to buttery wax. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. :cheers:

Rich

Ok, I do have something to add... you'll get a LOT of coats out of a single jar of Americana

THANK YOU!! Im actually trying to figure out a way to keep track of my application numbers for Americana so I can do a 'cost p/ application' writeup. The price seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (which compared to competitive products its a steal) but if they saw first hand how little it takes to do a coat they'd think otherwise. I've done 4 coats on the TBSS now, 2 coats on that black G37s, and 3 coats on a customers corvette... the jar still looks like I haven't started using it yet.

To the OP... you CAN use the blue MF with Americana, but it will put up a little bit of a fight. The coat sets up very hard and the longer fibers tend to drag thru it and fight a bit. The short knap of the white towel makes removal much easier... not required, but it does help a lot.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of sale or special this coming holiday so it would be even easier to justify even for the most frugal among us, which is just about all of us :thumbsup:

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Cost per application would depend greatly on the size of the vehicle. I've been keeping track of every time I use it, but by the time the jar is half empty I'll probably have lost the paper :lolsmack:

And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of sale or special this coming holiday so it would be even easier to justify even for the most frugal among us, which is just about all of us :thumbsup:

could this be a hint?:thumbsup: I'll keep watching

Americana will not disapoint you !!!! It adds a a nice deep wet look.Well worth the price. As far as wipping off I do the entire vehicle with very thin coats and let it dry 5-10 min and wipe off . But i do this in the shade so the paint is not hot other wise it could make it a pain to remove.

Americana will not disapoint you !!!! It adds a a nice deep wet look.Well worth the price. As far as wipping off I do the entire vehicle with very thin coats and let it dry 5-10 min and wipe off . But i do this in the shade so the paint is not hot other wise it could make it a pain to remove.

I also work in my garage, you do the whole car then wipe down? my cars are black also and i am looking for that deep, still wet look. Do you use the white towel or Adams blue?

I also work in my garage, you do the whole car then wipe down? my cars are black also and i am looking for that deep, still wet look. Do you use the white towel or Adams blue?

I have'nt used it on my Black car yet . But on my Gold Chrysler Pacifica and My partner's Interlagos Blue M5 2 coats on each was nothing short of stunning. I used the Adam's white as that came with it when I purchased it.

THANK YOU!! Im actually trying to figure out a way to keep track of my application numbers for Americana so I can do a 'cost p/ application' writeup. The price seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (which compared to competitive products its a steal) but if they saw first hand how little it takes to do a coat they'd think otherwise. I've done 4 coats on the TBSS now, 2 coats on that black G37s, and 3 coats on a customers corvette... the jar still looks like I haven't started using it yet.

:iagree:

I've done about 6 coats and cant even tell. The cost per application would be nice but some people tend to put it on too heavy or have larger/smaller cars. Still to get an idea would be nice.

I've removed it with Blue towels and i've removed it with the new white towels. Both worked well as long as the wax was cured properly. 15 minutes in the garage, 5 minutes outside on a nice day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, so that must be why Adam had me working on this today:

americana-4th_special-b.gif

:D:D:D

Edited by MarylandTDI

hmmm Adam really knows how to entice me to spend money!....as for the cost per app id say some one like Taig or another pro using it allot on different vehicles could use a silver sharpie and tally it up on the lid?

As an amateur I have put 9 coats of wax on different cars and as others have mentioned it is hard to believe that I have used any out of the can. It's great stuff! My buddy loved his Cobra when we were done with it and the dark green paint just popped. I don't have the polishing towel just the blue microfiber and I always do it in the cool garage out of the sun.

Edited by MarylandTDI

Oh, so that must be why Adam had me working on this today:

americana-4th_special-b.gif

:D:D:D

SWEET!!! when will this be available, I'm heading out of town and wont be by my computer, I dont want to miss out on this awesome deal!!!!

As an amateur I have put 9 coats of wax on different cars and as others have mentioned it is hard to believe that I have used any out of the can. It's great stuff! My buddy loved his Cobra when we were done with it and the dark green paint just popped. I don't have the polishing towel just the blue microfiber and I always do it in the cool garage out of the sun.

Hey Tom! good you see you back online. How's things in Ohio? :cheers: