Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lighter Fluid + Leather = BAD IDEA

KodiakBlack

Question

its quite a funny story.

Well I'm at work and my boss asked me if I could get some pen ink out of his leather seat in his Honda Accord. So I told him i have just the stuff that will get it out. The next day I brought some of my Adams Vinyl/Leather Cleaner and some APC to see what I could do. I spray some APC on it and start rubbing and it starts coming right out! I showed my boss how well the Adam's products worked and he was VERY impressed :thumbsup::thumbsup: So im working on it, and this old guy that works with us at the shop comes over to see what I was doing. I told him what I was doing and he was just like "oh, alright". He comes back 5 minutes later with a dirty shop rag and LIGHTER FLUID. He starts telling me how he was a Leather Tanner in Germany and how this works so well. He pushes me out of the way and starts going at it. He sprays some lighter fluid on the rag and starts rubbing. I was impressed with how well it worked from a few feet away. As he starts rubbing hes going "oh its coming right out". I then take a look at it, HE WORE THE LEATHER CLEAN OFF THE SEAT. I told my boss what happened, the old guy doesnt work with us anymore. :lolsmack: but now my boss wants me to detail his whole car! :cheers: There's another one for Adam's Polishes. goes to show, the new guys knows more than the old-timer.:loser:

21 answers to this question

You should keep an eye on the daily specials, do you have any VRT ? :2thumbs:

When cleaning leather it is always a good idea to follow up with a conditioner.

yep ive got a bottle of VRT, 2 bottles of SHR, 2 bottles of Revive, and 2 bottles of BW. and the Sample Bottles

Lighter fluid!?!? Seriously... where do people come up with these things. I just got done having a lengthy debate with a coworker about paint care. He insists that all car polishes and waxes are a "SCAM" and hes been using nothing but windex and a cotton towel on his cars since the 80's.

Sometimes its not even worth trying to show them the flaw in their logic.