Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear bra questions.

G8V8

Question

OK. I double bucket washed her this morning clay barred her too. Tomorrow I try the PC for the first time.

I have a clear bra and some other areas protected with the same material. Any advice or Do's and Don'ts.

Edited by G8V8

11 answers to this question

I have heard of some people taping off the clear bra so that you don't fray it out and then hand polish the bra. Adam's makes a polish specifically for this that I hear works well. Other than that take your time, watch Junkman's videos, make sure to apply some pressure but not too much (Junkman has a great way to help you with this in his videos), and don't use too much polish. Other than that your golden, have fun :)

Definitely tape the edges of your clear bra for a number of reasons.

Mainly you don't want to get excess polish/wax built up along the edge... if you do its **** near impossible to get it off.

Also, you run the risk of tearing up a pad by catching the edge... it may not seem like much, but with the pad oscilating at such a high rate that little lip on the film can grab part of the honeycomb pattern and take a chunck out of the pad. Believe me... I've accidentally done this while polishing spots off of a clear bra and destroyed my pad.

Dylan is the man and knows exactly what to do. I just keep the PC away from the edge and do it by hand in that area. I do the bra by hand and have used the Americana wax on it. I talked to Adam about the clear bra when I saw him in PA earlier this spring and he said just treat it gently and you can make it look nice. I have experienced the build up on the edge like Dylan mentioned and I know some people are using 3M adhesive remover. I just wait until it is dry and then use a soft toothbrush or something small like that get it off. Good Luck. G8's are the best. You can see the reflection of mine in the side of the 32 on my avatar.

OK. Thanks. I will tape off the edges and not use the orange pad with HSR on the bra. Is it OK to use the white pad and machine polish on the bra if I don't put much pressure on it? What about machine polish and the black pad.? or should i just te bra by hand until I get some of Adams bra polish? After I'm don't I'll remove the tape on the edges and give it a hand wax.

Do you use painters tape? Does that edge pose any risk to the pad?

OK. Thanks. I will tape off the edges and not use the orange pad with HSR on the bra. Is it OK to use the white pad and machine polish on the bra if I don't put much pressure on it? What about machine polish and the black pad.? or should i just te bra by hand until I get some of Adams bra polish? After I'm don't I'll remove the tape on the edges and give it a hand wax.

Do you use painters tape? Does that edge pose any risk to the pad?

FMP and the white pad would be fine on the clear bra, but I'd say you'd probably just be better off doing it by hand.

Ideally you'd want to use Adams Clear Polish as it is specifically formulated for polishing clear bras.

As for tape, just use the 3M low tack (blue) painters tape you can find at any hardware store.