Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray detailer streaking, why?

G8V8

Question

Ok, I finished my first effort with Adam's clay bar, HSW, MFP and MSW. I wiped her down with an Adam's micro and the the next morning (garaged overnight) I went over it with Detail Spay and another MF cloth. When I backed out I could see streaks all over it and had to buff them out with a MF, including sometimes using more DS, to get rid of them. Did I do something wrong? I've not had this before with other DS.

I have photos in the Cars section. I can't wait for the BW.

I have had that happen once or twice, but only if my car had been sitting in the hot sun, or I used a micro that wasn't as clean as it should have been.

I have had that happen once or twice, but only if my car had been sitting in the hot sun, or I used a micro that wasn't as clean as it should have been.

I Have had this. Did you apply the detail spray in the sun. My first post i was thinking you did it in the garage.

In the garage. I would spray some on the car and then wipe it. You could see lighter and darker streaks. If I went over it a lot, it would even out. Could it have anything to do with it being the first time after a MSW application?

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

If the surface of the car is still hot, it will still streak even inside the garage.

In the garage. I would spray some on the car and then wipe it. You could see lighter and darker streaks. If I went over it a lot, it would even out. Could it have anything to do with it being the first time after a MSW application?

MSW should be left to cure for 12 hours after initial wipe down, you must do this before applying other products over it :2thumbs:

MSW should be left to cure for 12 hours after initial wipe down, you must do this before applying other products over it :2thumbs:

I finished applying MSW at about 6 last night. I wiped it off a bit after 6:30. It sat in the garage until 11 this morning when I used the detail spray.

Interesting, well in that case I will just blame Rich. Trust me, some how it is his fault. It always is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

All kidding aside next time following the MSW I would wipe it down with a dry MF after 12 hours, as long as it is garaged, and then use the DS. See how it reacts that way :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Edited by C6Bill

I have had this happen before with other DS and discovered that the wife was using fabric softner in the washing of the MF, DO NOT wash MF or any applicators etc using any softner, there is a chemical reaction.

That might be it. Did you wash your mf properly.

I know it was washed correctly. It may have been it was not the totally unused one I picked up. Maybe that is what happened. I thought I separated them but I was so blinded by the glare coming of my car that perhaps i messed up. Either that or it was Rich's fault! j/k.

I just washed all my blue MF towels and will use them. It is really going to suck if I caused it by not using a clean enough towel. I'll try both ways.

Thanks everyone.

Junkman,

Thanks for the great videos. I especially liked the black marker line on the pad holder. It really made it easier to see how much pressure i was really exerting.

Edited by G8V8