Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana...exceeds expectations!!

Shimy86

Question

In this day and age its uncommon to come across a product that even delivers on expectation. I have bought alot of product that made big promises and after I got them home were dissapointing, Americana meets, exceed, and blows away expectations. Its as good as the hype on here, maybe better, and deserves the praise. I was extremely impressed with the ease of use and the results are awesome.

Adam, its great to find a company that delivers on promises, keep up the great work, you have a customer for life!:bow:

19 answers to this question

I don't use the applicator. I use a butter knife and spread Americana on the pad for my random orbital buffer. I still think there is a better way and the wax should come in a push up applicator like that used for deodorant. That would make it easy to put on a random orbital or a hand applicator.

I don't use the applicator. I use a butter knife and spread Americana on the pad for my random orbital buffer. I still think there is a better way and the wax should come in a push up applicator like that used for deodorant. That would make it easy to put on a random orbital or a hand applicator.

\

Might need to try this les. Hope you dont mind:D

I have used the same method and it works great !!!! And there is already another company that does put their wax in an applicator stick. But with Americana it is just so easy to apply I can have half the vette done by hand in the same amount of time it takes to just get my polisher out of the bag, plug the cord in and prep the pad. Now if you really want to have some fun just skip the applicators all together and melt the wax right in your hand and apply that way :D:D:D

Now if you really want to have some fun just skip the applicators all together and melt the wax right in your hand and apply that way :D:D:D

I was going to do that but I feel like I can't put it on as thin or even as I can with the applicator pad. I keep my pad in the jar. The only constructive criticism I can think of is that the info sheet inside the jar that keeps the pad off the wax when you store it is always a pain to get out for me. I tried flipping it over, sliding it off, and picking it up with my nails but none work all that well. I would like the info on the sheet to be printed on the outside tub; it's just a preference, no bid deal.

I put it in the container next to the wax, but maybe i should put the paper between wax and applicator also. I agree, it is a ***** to get that paper out. Also the wax spins in the container. It didnt at first and that worked well to spin the applicator to get more wax. I was going to put a 1/4 inch stainless screw into the side of the container next to the bottom to hold the wax from spinning.

How long do you guys wait between coats, I want to get 3 or 4 on the vette this weekend.

I keep my app outside of the jar, and wash it thoroughly after each use. A few people complained about their apps disintegrating, but following this method mine still looks brand new.

I always keep mine in the jar, but after the iced water application on the vette it was caked on the applicator fairly heavy so I cleaned it up but plan on putting it right back in the wax container. I also don't put the paper in, it is too hard to get out every time.

The way I look at it is the applicator will stay the cleanest if it never leaves the container but to be rubbed on a 100% clean car. :) Mine still looks new, but it is stored in my house as all my detailing supplies are. High heat (or very cold), humidity or just wildly fluctuating temperatures is the best way to ruin any detailing supply, tape, paint and most everything else you use.

I didn't wait long enough in between coats. I got some hazy residue the next day after I tried to put 3 coats on close together. I think it depends on the conditions and how you apply it. As for the pads disintegrating, that's strange, but mine is still doing ok so I'm happy :D. I've only had to wash it once because it was starting to get little wax balls building up on it.

I keep my app outside of the jar, and wash it thoroughly after each use. A few people complained about their apps disintegrating, but following this method mine still looks brand new.

Sorry to post again but it finally happened to me. My pad is disintegrating :( I tried to find the thread about it but couldn't.

Sorry to post again but it finally happened to me. My pad is disintegrating :( I tried to find the thread about it but couldn't.

Yep. I just threw my original pad out. Completely disintigrated around the edges.