Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it worth it to detail silver or white vehicles?

Team Adam's

Question

Of the 20 or so forums we actively sponsor I get several questions from customers asking if it's even worthwhile to detail their silver or white vehicles.

OF COURSE IT IS!

I see two major reasons to detail:

• EXCELLENT way to showcase your prized possession
  • MAINTAIN it's value and protect your investment

Why should your paint's color detract from those goals? You've spent thousands of dollars on your vehicle so why let it look like it isn't worth the money your pink slip is printed on?

As far as white and silver, those colors each can look beautiful when maintained. White, when clay bar'd, will look deeper, cleaner, and soaking wet. You'll pull yellow and black flecks out that you didn't notice because you were so used to seeing them! Silver can be so bright when polished and waxed that it's hard to look at in the light!

Maintain your rides - they are worth it!

Proof silver can shine!

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

4 answers to this question

Light colored vehicles do hide some imperfections better than dark colored ones but until you've seen a finely polished light colored car up close, you won't realize how good they can look. Don't let the color fool you. Light colored vehicles can "pop" just like the dark one's can.

The same dirt that is on darker colored vehicles gets as imbedded in white or silver. And if you don't take care of it, it's gonna be there forever. Detail a white or silver? Absolutely!

Definitely. here's a pic of my daily driver from last year after only adam's wash and buttery wax. I have yet to hit it with a claybar, pc, swirl remover, and polish (all of which it is in desperate need of), and I can't wait till springtime to do so.

taurus.jpg

Wintertime here sucks for white and silver cars. The amount of sand that the DOT puts down on the roads could extend the beachfront by half a mile. The car still looks white until it snows then it looks grey LOL

Edited by GerryC