Customer Service 866.965.0400

Green wheel cleaner safe for billet wheels?

caslem

Question

Does anyone have any experience with green wheel cleaner and some billet wheels? I have a brand new set of Intros that need a good cleaning after having to drive in the rain and just want to make it's safe to use on them. Thanks for any help.

12 answers to this question

Are the wheels clear coated? I doesn't sound like they are from your brief description. Polished billet wheels can be sensitive to cleaners. I would recommend trying soap and water first, and don't spray cleaners on the wheels if they are hot. Also, spraying the wheels and letting them dry in the sun is never good - even the most mild cleaners can etch the aluminum somewhat.

:lurk: Bob are you the wheel maker for real?

I don't know if I'm THE wheel maker, but I definitely am A wheel maker!

My specialty is three-piece forged wheels.

FWIW, I use ONLY Adam's stuff on my personal vehicles and I HIGHLY recommend it to my clients!

Does anyone have any experience with green wheel cleaner and some billet wheels? I have a brand new set of Intros that need a good cleaning after having to drive in the rain and just want to make it's safe to use on them. Thanks for any help.

Hi Caslem, I'd avoid using anything but Car Wash/ Shampoo on polished Billet wheels. Any cleaning agent can cut the shine, oh-so-slightly.

The instructions say to use our Metal Polish after cleaning, but still, safest method: Blast with high pressure water, prepare a bucket of suds, wash gently with a Boar's Hair Brush, and rinse clean.

Follow with our Detail Spray, or, if there you want more shine than stock, try our Metal Polish, and it will certainly impress you.

Thanks!

Also, Bob is the "Wheel Maker" and had the wheels done for our Vette. Thanks again Bob!

Caslen,

To add on to Adam's suggestion, I have found putting Adam's Car Wash Shampoo in a spray bottle with a foaming head works great for cleaning wheels. This way you don't use have to use 2 buckets of soap or have to wash the wheels with dirty water (although it isn't very dirty if you use a Grit Guard). I just scoop out a cup full before I start washing the car and add to the bottle, that way I always have a new supply. Works great on 'maintained' wheels. (thanks to Baron V A for the suggestion)

I don't use it any more on my polished wheels. It turns them a milky color. I have 2 gal of the stuff, but its also great for other things though.

:iagree: The metal polish took out the milky look though, that was on the Vette. The GWC has made my Jeep's wheels look better then they have in years!