Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Product! Waterless Car Wash

Adam

hey guys, what would be the difference between this product and the detail spray? i use the detail spray alot to touch it up or clean/shine between washes basically even if car is a dirty or dusty. unless it is so dirty then i take it to hand wash place in my neighborhood.....thanks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, what would be the difference between this product and the detail spray? i use the detail spray alot to touch it up or clean/shine between washes basically even if car is a dirty or dusty. unless it is so dirty then i take it to hand wash place in my neighborhood.....thanks.

To start with it doesn't cost as much and you can use as much as you want and not have to worry about using too much and streaking :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great question Dennis! The Detail Spray has polymers, and adds gloss to your finish. It's a great product for use when drying, for touching up after a detail, and for adding gloss quickly.

Detail Spray can build up if over-used, as I have certainly experienced. Too much chemical on the finish will do that.

The Waterless Wash doesn't build up, has extra lubricants to encapsulate dirt particles, an leaves the finish more 'clean' than it does shiny.

There is still absolutely a place for both products, don't get me wrong! It's just that sicko's like me, who wipe down the car every day or every other day tend to put too much Detail Spray on the vehicle, and sometimes get streaks as a result.

I hope this explains it, and thanks for the question!

-Adam:2thumbs:

I'm going to buy a gallon...

Speaking of which... What's with the new gallon container. Is this something that will change across the line?

Chris

Hey Chris, long time no talk! We need to connect again, how about a road trip to Carlisle, PA at the end of August?

So, all of our gallons are now the EZ-pour jugs. They are awesome, and make bottle filling much easier. They look cool too, and MOST importantly, they are strong enough for a UPS worker to toss around!

We are still getting the new photos done. People have asked, "My gallon must have leaked, it looks like 1/3 of it is gone!"

Not so, as the gallon is actually 1.3US Gallons. It's intentionally designed to have that space in the bottle so that splashing doesn't happen when its poured.

Hope to see you soon Chris, and btw, are you now a married man??

Hey Chris, long time no talk! We need to connect again, how about a road trip to Carlisle, PA at the end of August?

So, all of our gallons are now the EZ-pour jugs. They are awesome, and make bottle filling much easier. They look cool too, and MOST importantly, they are strong enough for a UPS worker to toss around!

We are still getting the new photos done. People have asked, "My gallon must have leaked, it looks like 1/3 of it is gone!"

Not so, as the gallon is actually 1.3US Gallons. It's intentionally designed to have that space in the bottle so that splashing doesn't happen when its poured.

Hope to see you soon Chris, and btw, are you now a married man??

You've been UBER busy Adam so I've left you alone... Can't wait to try the new gallon container. Although I never really had an issue with the current one, I do like change when it's for the better. Not sure PA can happen with my wedding in November... If I did go I'd take the truck and haul the bike though! lol

Chris

Adam,

I have always been leery of waterless washes because I was concerned about scratching the paint. Can you give me some idea at what point do you say it is too dirty to use the waterless wash and back to the hand wash.

With my Vettes primarily in the garage most of the time, the biggest issue is the dust collection. So, I am intrigued with this new product line, if you can give me some guidance on when to use and when not to use. My Navy Blue Metallic convertible is so easy to show surface scratches I am extra careful what I put on it.

Thanks

Rich

Adam,

I have always been leery of waterless washes because I was concerned about scratching the paint. Can you give me some idea at what point do you say it is too dirty to use the waterless wash and back to the hand wash.

With my Vettes primarily in the garage most of the time, the biggest issue is the dust collection. So, I am intrigued with this new product line, if you can give me some guidance on when to use and when not to use. My Navy Blue Metallic convertible is so easy to show surface scratches I am extra careful what I put on it.

Thanks

Rich

Yea, how about that NBM vette color... I swear I just look at the car wrong and more fine scratches appear. It really drives me crazy. :help::cheers:

Yea, how about that NBM vette color... I swear I just look at the car wrong and more fine scratches appear. It really drives me crazy. :help::cheers:

I know exactly what you mean. I'll be looking the car over and spot a surface scratch that looks as obvious as the wort on the Wicked Witch's nose and wonder where it came from, since the car has not moved since I last washed it!

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Can you tell me why or if the waterless car wash is better than a "California duster"? I've always used this when the car is just a little dusty.

Dennis

The CD doesn't encapsulate the dust. It tends to spread it around and cause micro scratches. While I HAVE used a CD in the past I will not anymore. They definitely have there place though.

This is also for cars that were dust then got rained of which dried. It's more than just for dusty cars. :2thumbs:

This new Waterless Car Wash is a great product. I got a chance to use it on my dark green truck a little while back after it had been all washed and then rained on. I did look carefully to be sure there were no new scratches after it was covered in rain-soaked, dried-on dust. At the time, I used it on a brand new topper with a 2 week old paint job, and there were no scratches to be found anywhere on that soft new paint after clean-up.

I was sold almost immediately, and I'm skeptical. :thumbsup:

Now that I have the new 'Stang, the Waterless Car Wash will get a lot of use, and will be a great product to do touch-ups at the shows since the car will already have a good coat of wax on it. Like Adam said, the Detail Spray can build up with too many applications, so if you need to touch up daily or every other day, like at shows, the Waterless Car Wash is perfect for that, because it comes off easily with no streaks, and shows off that great Adam's wax job that you did.

Humm, very interesting! I already have a few APW applicators in my cart waiting to add this waterless wash tomorrow!

The Z06 never really gets 'dirty' just dusty so this will be perfect for keeping it clean.

oops! i didn't know you could use too much detail spray? I am excited because my wife actually pointed out the new waterless wash to me! We hope to get to Carlisle at the end of August and check it out.

So this is non-concentrated? I'm going to order the special gallon/16/towel deal as the deal is pretty good with a WW towel. I will do a comparison versus the other most common "No rinse" wash product. Like Dylan I add in a couple of capfuls of the other NR product as it helps to get stop spotting with hard water and it adds a ton of lube to the wash. I would like to see this product also offered in a concetrated version so I could mix it up to make clay lube or quick detailer or just add in a capful to my washes.

Order In and completed Brought the 3 new gallon products Waterlesswash,Green wheel cleaner and the new glass cleaner

Not sure if you have tried those....but I can say that at least 2 of them are specatcular! I'm sure that I will say 3 of them are spectacular after I get my hot little mitts on a gallon on that new Waterlesswash. Perhaps Adam's should come out with the "Trifecta Special"....:lolsmack:

Not sure if you have tried those....but I can say that at least 2 of them are specatcular! I'm sure that I will say 3 of them are spectacular after I get my hot little mitts on a gallon on that new Waterlesswash. Perhaps Adam's should come out with the "Trifecta Special"....:lolsmack:

I haven't tried either of them . But I have never been disapointed with any of Adam's products.So I'm comfident He won't let me or others down now. Thanks.