Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Slow Cut" Paint Correction Videos!

Junkman2008

Question

Hey boys and girls, the Junkman here with another video series! This time we introduce another way to maximize the power of your PC buy using a technique that makes up for lower OPM's when compared to the RPM's of a rotary polisher. I also use this technique to test the hardness (or softness) of a car's clear coat.

This technique was originally conceived to be used with harder type polishes. It enables the polish to be fully broken down and maximizes it's use. What you are going to see is that it can also be used with a polish like Swirl & Haze Remover. Furthermore, it allows you to use less product, while stretching the mileage of each application. It also saves your pads from getting caked up with product which is a major waste of money and resources.

The main reason I like this technique is it gives me an idea of what it is going to take for me to correct a given clear coat. Since some imports are known to have soft clear coats, the 800 pound gorilla technique may not be advisable. Thus, the slow cut method while very effective, will not beat up the clear coat. If it corrects the paint, then I know it the clear is not too hard. If it doesn't, out comes the "trunk monkey". :lol:

Enough talk, let's get to the videos!

slo-cutpic.jpg

The Videos

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 6

Here are some pictures from the experience:

slo-cut1.jpg

slo-cut2.jpg

slo-cut3.jpg

slo-cut4.jpg

slo-cut5.jpg

slo-cut6.jpg

slo-cut7.jpg

slo-cut9.jpg

slo-cut11.jpg

slo-cut12.jpg

slo-cut13.jpg

slo-cut15.jpg

slo-cut16.jpg

slo-cut18.jpg

slo-cut19.jpg

slo-cut20.jpg

slo-cut21.jpg

slo-cut22.jpg

slo-cut23.jpg

That's all folks!

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

AJ I tried your slow cut process on my hood this weekend and got to say the results were amazing :glasses:

Just went through a lot of detailspray ;)

Thanks again my friend :cheers:

Buy it by the gallon! :thumbsup:

Do people even sell paste polish anymore AJ?

This is a great technique by the way, I had never heard of it!

I don't know but if Adam decides to, you're ready for it!

Is there a trick to watching the videos? They keep messing up!:(

Press pause and let the video fully load before watching them. You must have a slooooow connection! :willy:

Great Video! You have great character!

I've been using a similar method as well..with great results

with each new section of car, I use less product as I already have some on the pad..:rockon:

Hello Everybody, I new here so dont hate me for my stupid questions ;)

I was just wondering why you use the QD in those steps? I mean its for cleaning right? What does it do in this process?

Btw. Great videos AJ, and I can tell you, that you have a lot of fans over here in Poland ;)

Detail Spray serves a couple of purposes when being used as a pad primer:

1) It keeps the polish alive longer... as you work the liquids from the polish are dried out, a shot of DS will keep the polish alive longer and allow the product to be worked for a longer period of tie.

2) Pad lubrication. The pads, especially orange and green, are pretty rough on paint when they're 'dry' and the polish can't get to every part of the surface at the start... adding the DS allows some time for the polish to spread over the surface of the pad when you start and buys some time before the pad begins to mar or chop the surface.