Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome wheel cleaning

The Reaper

Question

7 answers to this question

Congratulations on the new wheels! Adding chrome C6 wheels to my C5 is one of my favorite mods.

To clean then you'll want the right products to prevent damage and maintain shine.

Two scenarios I'l walk you through:

1. Heavy cleaning needed

• Always clean your chrome while it's cool to the touch!
  • Start with washing with a pH safe soap like our Car Wash Soap (helps protect finish)
  • While wet spray down with our All Purpose Cleaner and scrub with a Boar's Hair brush
  • Rinse with cool water
  • Dry quickly with an air compressor, a wet/dry shop vac or our Detail Spray and our Microfiber Drying Towel (to prevent water spots)

Give your chrome an unbelievable shine with our Brilliant Spray Glaze.

To apply:

• Shake your Brilliant Spray Glaze as much as possible and make the first spritz into a trash can to clean out the nozzle.
  • Spray the Brilliant Spray Glaze on a microfiber applicator pad and apply it much like a coat of wax.
  • Coat the entire surface of the wheel and let it dry to a haze.
  • Wipe off with a microfiber towel and stand back - enjoy!

2. General upkeep (when scrubbing isn't required)

• If your wheel is just lightly dusty and you don't see any brake dust or road grime build up you'll just need to spray liberally with our Detail Spray and dry with our Super Plush Microfiber towel.
  • Apply a coat of Brilliant Spray Glaze to keep the shine perfect!
  • Don't use cotton or just simply water - you'll want a performance lubricant to help lift the brake dust off the surface before the towel contacts the surface.

Congratulations on the new wheels! Adding chrome C6 wheels to my C5 is one of my favorite mods.

To clean then you'll want the right products to prevent damage and maintain shine.

1. Heavy cleaning needed

• Start with washing with a pH safe soap like our Car Wash Soap (helps protect finish)
  • While wet spray down with our All Purpose Cleaner and scrub with a Boar's Hair brush
  • Rinse with cool water
  • Dry quickly with an air compressor, a wet/dry shop vac or our Detail Spray and our Microfiber Drying Towel (to prevent water spots)

To apply:

• Shake your Brilliant Spray Glaze as much as possible and make the first spritz into a trash can to clean out the nozzle.
  • Spray the Brilliant Spray Glaze on a microfiber applicator pad and apply it much like a coat of wax.

• If your wheel is just lightly dusty and you don't see any brake dust or road grime build up you'll just need to spray liberally with our Detail Spray and dry with our Super Plush Microfiber towel.
  • Don't use cotton or just simply water - you'll want a performance lubricant to help lift the brake dust off the surface before the towel contacts the surface.

Gotta say that's pretty much what i do. Minus the Boars hair brush. I use the soft wheel brushes instead.

1. Heavy cleaning needed

• Rinse with cool water

To apply:

I was considering chrome wheels, BUT, my Corvette is a daily driver except when there is snow on the road. However, I do drive it otherwise and in the winter it can collect some pretty heavy road grime and salt from the roads. Are chrome wheels a bad idea?? How would you protect them especially from road salt when it is too cold to wash??.

Road salt can pit the chrome pretty badly. If you can't afford or don't want to buy a set of winter wheels, try and keep a good coat of wax on the wheels at the very least. If possible, once you've had it in the salt, try and rinse it off and dry the wheels asap.

Road salt can pit the chrome pretty badly. If you can't afford or don't want to buy a set of winter wheels, try and keep a good coat of wax on the wheels at the very least. If possible, once you've had it in the salt, try and rinse it off and dry the wheels asap.

That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!!

1. Heavy cleaning needed

• Rinse with cool water

To apply:

:iagree: