Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cat problem

Opeth

Not trying to offend any cat people out there, but I do not like cats. As of recently, when walking out to my car in the morning, there have been cat paw prints on my car. The stupid thing has been walking around the roof and hood of my car. A) I don't want it doing this because it gets dirt all over it B) Not to tout myself, but my car it very clean and slippery and if this cat starts to slide my paint is going to be introduced to some claws. I have only seen the cat once. Any ideas for how to keep the cat away from my car?

i have an idea but im not tryin to get banned from the foruM! lolol umm id say google it maybe place some mothballs outside your house by ur car...supposidly they dont like citrus scent so get a citrius air freshner hang it by ur car or off ur mirror outside?? idk jus tryin to be helpful

Am I going crazy, or was there a second page to this thread? I think it disappeared. I'm a little too young for senility.

Well, I was going to quote and answer Superduty's question, but I can seem to find the post anymore. He asked "why cant the cat be kept out of the garage?" Well, I do not have a garage, but a carport instead. I think the old woman who lived in my house before me used to feed the cat. It would always come around meowing and sit on my back porch. I saw it on my car one day and, not actually aiming for it, sprayed the area with a hose. It bolted. The other day was first time its been on my car in probably 3 weeks.

I myself would set a live trap for it and take it to a animal shelter that does not destroy them but puts them up for adoption. I did not see where you live but if you have a farmer nearby, they would most likely be happy to take it.

Chances are it's someone's pet, so the first thing to do is to talk to some neighbors and see if you can find out whose it is and hopefully find a solution that way. The last thing you want to do is embroil the cat in a shelter situation because that only leads to fees, risking harm/disease to the animal and more likely than not some poor kid crying their eyes out because their pet is missing.

If the above isn't an option, here are a few things you might want to try:

Put some lightly crinkled-up aluminum foil sheets on the areas where the cat lands. They hate the feel and sound of walking on that stuff, so that might be all it needs to learn not to jump back up there.

Another option is a to put a few loops of tape (like wide blue painter's tape) on the landing area. A cat won't like that, either, and will probably learn.

And finally, if you want to keep MY cat off your car, just put the vaccuum cleaner next to it -- my cat runs like a chicken whenever we take the hoover out of the closet! :jester: