Customer Service 866.965.0400

BEHIND THE SCENES: Adam's Polishes New DVD!!

Yep, thats right. The latest and greatest installment in the "How To" video is in the can and now in the hands of the skilled editing team at PowerTV. I had the unique and awesome privilege to be "on set" to document the behind the scenes action and lend a hand wherever I could.

The venue was just EPIC!! Crevier Classic Cars in Costa Mesa... if I drop dead tomorrow I hope my own personal heaven resembles this place. I probably have scrapes on my chin because my jaw hit the floor about 100x just looking at the cars in this collection. There were cars there for every taste... and we must be good luck b/c a pair of beautifully restored Camaros sold during the shoot :2thumbs:

The subject... well, what more can you say about a Ferrari 599 GTB other than WOW!! As usual the Cheif Detailer himself made it look easy... I stepped in as "stunt detailer" occasionally just to speed things up. The Ferrari came out amazing, but would you expect anything less??

Thanks to all the guys at Crevier Classic Cars, PowerTV (who have excellent taste when it comes to vehicles), all the people who stopped by to lend a hand, or just gawk at the cars, and most of all Adam for putting together a killer shoot... it was a long 14 hour day, but it definitely wasn't short on fun. :glasses:

Plenty more where this came from (shot a total of 221 pics) but this should be enough to get you guys started. Enjoy.

img001.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img011.jpg

img013.jpg

img024.jpg

The star of the show... getting ready for her first scene: THE WASH

img028.jpg

img029.jpg

img033.jpg

img032.jpg

img035.jpg

img037.jpg

more to come...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the star of the show

img134.jpg

img141.jpg

img142.jpgimg143.jpg

Adam did his part demoing the PC and different polishes on the 599... then the "stunt buffer" was called in to finish the job, who is that sexy stunt buffer and why didn't we see more of him on camera?? :lolsmack:

img151.jpg

img156.jpg

img161.jpg

Can't thank Bob enough... he kept us fed, kept us hydrated, helped me prep and pull product, operated the hose, and even ensured Adams hair stayed up for the shoot :D

img163.jpg

The interior was treated to full Adams massage and the fine Italian leather never looked better

img173.jpg

Wandered around and found some awesome vintage trucks

img185.jpg

img186.jpg

Something VERY special was lurking under this car cover... unfortunately we weren't allowed to bring it out and play with it

img189.jpg

The 599 was fully buffed and ready to take a full treatment of Americana, we then rolled her out front to get video of her at speed and some finished shots. The sound this car makes when the throttle is cracked will make the hair on the back of neck stand up... nothing on earth is like a Ferrari exhaust note.

img164.jpg

img168.jpg

img195.jpg

img196.jpg

img199.jpg

img203.jpg

Yep..... there is more....

I thought Adam was looking for a black Z06/ZR1? If I knew he wanted a Ferrari 599 I would have lent him mine :jester::jester::jester:

I don't think you could have picked a better atmosphere to do the shoot in, I mean, look at this

img104.jpg

:bow:

Need to demo spray glaze on chrome?? What better car to use than a 35 Packard??

img208.jpg

<link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/dylanvonkleist/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_filelist.xml"> <link rel="Edit-Time-Data" href="file://localhost/Users/dylanvonkleist/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_editdata.mso"> <!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--StartFragment-->

Now if you've already fully detailed the 599 what do you do to demo the waterless wash?? Bust out the 430 Scuderia of course!!

<link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/dylanvonkleist/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--StartFragment-->img145.jpg

img144.jpg

img146.jpg

img147.jpg

<!--EndFragment--> img209.jpg

img210.jpg

And with that it was a wrap on the big stuff... there was a huge turnaround on the carpets in Adams rental buick, and a headlight restoration on a very well worn mustang we found out back... but after 14 hours of car cleaning bliss we all headed out for some cold beers, tacos, and conversation before calling it a night.

Thanks again to everyone who was a part of the shoot... it was a HUGE success and I can't wait to see what PowerTV does with the hours of footage. :thumbsup:

<!--EndFragment-->

whats he got in his hand?? Is that a VRT applicator tool? I saw one of these at a car detailing place that is cool, how do i get one?

Great pics and thanks for showing us. Cant wait to see the videos :thumbsup:

That would be the new tire applicator :cool:

Wasn't he driving something like that and crashed it in the last batman movie? lol...time put in the dvd and go back to that scene

I believe it was a gray murcielago in the batman movie

lamborghini-murcielago-roadster1.jpg

Too cool Dylan. We are all jealous of your involvement in such a great place and thanks for all of the pictures. I envy you pros that you aren't nervous working on cars of such prestige. Man I would be afraid to even get too close to one of those cars. Even the Junkman has to be a little jealous of you on this shoot! I can't wait to get a hold of the new DVD. Do you think they will be available for Carlisle?