Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" pads backing plate

Guys, I bought the 4" pad system and yesterday I decided to try it out on some headlights. I mounted it on my PC and started going at the headlight, in a very short period of time, maybe 5 minutes, the pad is wobbling around. I stop to see that the threaded insert has stripped out. Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully just a fluke. I have sent an email requesting a new one, but was just trying to find out if I am the only one this has happened to.

I suppose I could epoxy the backing plate to the adapter, but if I ever needed to replace the plate or if I wanted to mount it to a drill I'd be up the creek.

Hey Tom,

Contact the Ashely or Steve through Orders@AdamsPolishes.com. I had the same problem and Steve fixed me up. I now have the 'new and improved' backing plate and adapters. A different design, much 'beefier'.

You can kind of see them in these pics:

Adapters and plate on top right of box:

New4inchpadbox002.jpg

And front from above:

New4inchpadbox004.jpg

I sent a message (email) to them before I posted here. I was just wondering if I was the only one......obviously not. Thanks, if I have time tomorrow I'll give them a call as well.

It comes with an adapter for the PC, so I assume they can be used that way.

Rich, I asked AJ on Saturday morning the same question and he said he hooks it up to the PC all the time. I tried it today on the 32 to get into the tighter spaces along the fenders and in front and it worked really well. The only thing that I experienced is that with the 4 pad you can concentrate a lot more effort in a smaller area and I had to keep an eye on having enough polish on the pad. I loved them on the PC for those tight areas. My friend Tom and I asked AJ because of the contours on his Cobra and AJ confirmed that he would have used the 4" pads on the Z06 on the front fender down low had they not been sold out. Adam is going to have to talk to his marketing people because that is the second time in one year he has run out of product on Friday. LOL