Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car show today

Toms94

I took the Corvette to a local car show today, I've got to say, it was the cleanest car there, with the fewest swirls and nicest shine...thanks to Americana. I had several people ask about what products I use... and of course I spoke of the virtues of Adams....but the best part were the kids.

One little guy, about 10 or so, with his mom and apparently, grandmother, came by and he said to his mom "I can see myself in that car.", pointing at my Corvette. I said to him "Really? You can see yourself in this Corvette?" His mother said, "Oh, he loves Corvettes," I said, as I opened the door, "Well, you had better get over here and sit in it." His eyes lit up like huge spotlights, "You really mean it?" I said, "Sure, why not?". He jumps in and sits back with this huge grin on his face, Grandma says "Can I take his pictures with him in there?"..."Well you'd better, I don't think he'll smile like that again for a while." As he got out he said, "Thank You for letting me sit in your car." His mom and grandma thanked me as well. That was worth more than than any award I could have received. There were several other kids who had to have their picture taken with my car.

any pictures from the show??

:rolleyes: Well.....actually no. We were running late, because our middle grandson was playing football. He finished up about the time the show was supposed to start and we had a 35 minute drive to get there. WE headed out of town and got about 10 miles down the road when I realized I left the camera in the other car. :loser:

Isn't that the best? You sound like me. I'm not one of those "don't touch it, you can't sit in it" guys. It's just a car. But to some little guys, it's a dream of "someday I want one just like that". Class act to let him have his moment. :2thumbs:

I love stories like that. Like you and Rich, I agree it's just a car and the very best thing is being able to share the excitement with others, especially little kids who see things like that as the coolest thing on the planet. :cheers: I don't care of some kid gets a little dirt on the sill or seat; that can always be wiped clean -- while it's nearly impossible to get the smile off their faces. :2thumbs:

Rich

Bill, I wouldn't let them take it for a ride, but had the situation been different, I would have offered the boy a ride!

:hi:

I just remember that I was about the same age when I got to ride in my first Corvette, a Riverside Red with Black interior 63 split window. That is what lit the fire under my seat to own a Corvette someday. Hopefully, I lit a couple of fires yesterday!

Thought I'd share this story. My neighbor's grandson was 9 when I bought my Vette. His parents are crazy strict and don't let him leave the yard when he visits his grandmas (next door and across the street), but he knew I had just gotten the Vette. So every time he was around and I would go out in it, he'd come running to the edge of the yard and wait and watch for me to pull out. I'd invite him over, but he was never allowed. The following summer, he was finally allowed to come over and I let him sit in it, and he'd just hang out and talk Vettes. This kid read every sentence he could find about Vettes of all years, but the 02 and Z06 were his real interest. He even knew things I didn't know, so we'd just sit and talk all summer long. By the end of that second summer, his mom allowed me to take him for a ride. Talk about a never ending smile. I got him a membership in the Corvette Museum, and shared every Vette magazine with him, brought him posters and stuff from Carlisle, and we got pretty close. We did this for four more summers till he turned 15, and then soccer, girls, and growing up came first. But I found out that this past year he's been working and saving every penny so he can get his driver's license...............but he doesn't want to get his driver's license till he has his own car. He's saving to buy an old Vette that he can restore.

So someday soon, there'll be another fixed up classic Vette on the road and all it took was a little bit of sharing the love of a great car. :thumbsup:

Thought I'd share this story. My neighbor's grandson was 9 when I bought my Vette. His parents are crazy strict and don't let him leave the yard when he visits his grandmas (next door and across the street), but he knew I had just gotten the Vette. So every time he was around and I would go out in it, he'd come running to the edge of the yard and wait and watch for me to pull out. I'd invite him over, but he was never allowed. The following summer, he was finally allowed to come over and I let him sit in it, and he'd just hang out and talk Vettes. This kid read every sentence he could find about Vettes of all years, but the 02 and Z06 were his real interest. He even knew things I didn't know, so we'd just sit and talk all summer long. By the end of that second summer, his mom allowed me to take him for a ride. Talk about a never ending smile. I got him a membership in the Corvette Museum, and shared every Vette magazine with him, brought him posters and stuff from Carlisle, and we got pretty close. We did this for four more summers till he turned 15, and then soccer, girls, and growing up came first. But I found out that this past year he's been working and saving every penny so he can get his driver's license...............but he doesn't want to get his driver's license till he has his own car. He's saving to buy an old Vette that he can restore.

So someday soon, there'll be another fixed up classic Vette on the road and all it took was a little bit of sharing the love of a great car. :thumbsup:

Rich, that's so cool. :cheers: I'm getting a little choked up here...

Not only that, but he's a straight A kid in school and wants to become an engineer, maybe design cars. The only way the car hobby is going to go on is by bringing the next generation in to it.