Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's metal polish

livingwater

Question

13 answers to this question

I don't know, but I bought both. Maybe tomorrow I can do a side by side on my bumper for you. Bumper had never seen polish so this would be a good test. I would suspect the metal polish would last allot longer. I thought I read somewhere the BSG doesn't last that long and needs to be applied more frequently. But that is just me guessing.

BSG and Metal Polish are two completely different products. BSG is good for chrome to make it shiny, while the Metal Polish is better for stainless steel to remove oxidation, discoloring, rust, etc. You also can't compare them by "how long they last" since Polish of any type (Revive, Metal, etc) is meant for cleaning and restoring - BSG on the other hand actually creates a layer of glaze on top of what you apply it to. It's that layer that doesn't last long. Polishes don't leave a layer of anything, and what you applied it to will "last" until you get it dirty again

I have definitely used my share of the Metal Polish over the last 4 years and as GerryC mentions it is the cleaner. I use it exclusively on my polished aluminum on my 32 and to clean up the polished stainless steel tips and things like that. After cleaning them up and wiping them off then I use the BSG or in some cases I like to wax them. The G8 is definitely less work to clean than the 32 because of the polished aluminum. I have convinced 2 other people that Adams Metal Polish is a much milder polish and doesn't scratch as much as other manufacturers metal polishes. I love the stuff!

If you want to keep those rims cherry I'd apply a little MSW by hand to keep them protected. BSG is gone after just a short time in the sun, but MSW will hold up for months.

The metal polish is what you'd use to bring back a shine if they were dull or if you had any hazing, waterspots, or slight scuffs.