Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I cover car between polishing and waxing

xlr8rvette

Question

Goal was to go over Vette with revive then apply Americana. However, weather has become cooler and damp and will soon be dark. Finished the revive. Due to black attracting dust even in garage thinking of covering Vette with sheet. Does the polish need to cure or will covering be okay. Due to busy schedule tomorrow and rain expected Monday will not be able to apply the Carnuba til Tuesday. Will covering be okay?

Please do not tell me about removing dust with detail spray or waterless wash...I am old school and don't. Thank you

7 answers to this question

Hi Bill, taking time between coats is fine, absolutely. Even if you don't like the idea of using a spray and wipe method, be sure to gently toss the towel across the finish before your next step. No need to risk rubbing dirt particles that may find your finish overnight, into you clear coat.

So, the answer: Yes, you can wait! Please keep us updated on your progress, and have a great weekend!

-Adam:2thumbs:

I've mentioned this before, but I bought two super soft microfleece king size sheets and had the wife sew them together at the ends. I cut a hole for the antenna and I use this to just cover the Vette after detailing, between steps, etc. Simple to put on, so soft it won't scratch and covers the entire car. Works for me. :cheers:

I'm not nuts...............Being nuts would be asking Lyn if I could cover the Vette in the garage between polishings with her Mink coat

Now that I think of it that's not a bad idea. Wonder if she will notice the neatly cut antennae hole?!

Edited by xlr8rvette

I'm not nuts...............Being nuts would be asking Lyn if I could cover the Vette in the garage between polishings with her Mink coat

Now that I think of it that's not a bad idea. Wonder if she will notice the neatly cut antennae hole?!

They still make those?? :lolsmack: