Customer Service 866.965.0400

Monster Energy trying to muscle a little guy...

TrUcKeR

Watch:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_woqXTeg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_woqXTeg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sent to Monster on their website:

After hearing about the C&D order directed at Rock Art Brewery, I will no longer be purchasing any items related to Monster Energy Drink.

Good day.

You should do the same, even if you don't drink their stuff.

http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/guest/contact

Edited by Adam
Embedded Video

Well then,get ready. Owned and marketed by Hansen Natural Corp, they have distribution agreements with Anheuser Busch, Pepsi Cola in Canada, Coca Cola worldwide, and Schwepps in Australia. So I guess you won't be drinking any beer, soda, or mixed drinks. :lolsmack:

Seriously, though, I see your point, but I don't think they really have a leg to stand on. The beer name is Vermontster, made in Vermont. The fact that the end of the name sounds like monster rather than Vermont is a fluke. I'm rooting for the little guy.

Welcome to the real world gentleman. As Matt said, even if he wins in court, they will just appeal, and appeal again.

Until he runs out of money. I've seen it happen before.

That's why most lawyers are somewhere below used car salesmen and child molesters, on my list of human beings.

That sucks. Big companies can be such A#$%HOLES!

I don't drink Monster Energy, or any of those drinks. In fact, ask your Dr. about them, and you will find that they are absolutely terrible for you.

Keeps lots of weight on you, and screws with your heart.

Long live the little guy!!!:rockon:

That sucks. Big companies can be such A#$%HOLES!

I don't drink Monster Energy, or any of those drinks. In fact, ask your Dr. about them, and you will find that they are absolutely terrible for you.

Keeps lots of weight on you, and screws with your heart.

Long live the little guy!!!:rockon:

Caffeine in those amounts is bad for you. Anything in excess is really... :(

Looks like cooler heads prevailed. I got the following, in email, today after having registered a complaint as per the original post here....

Hansen Beverage Company and Rock Art Brewery today issued the following statement in connection with a recent trademark issue:

Hansen Beverage Company and Rock Art Brewery have reached an amicable agreement under which both companies' respective products will be protected - Hansen's Monster Energy® line of energy drinks and Rock Art's Vermonster beer products.

> Rodney Sacks, Hansen's chief executive officer, said: "We are pleased that we were able to resolve this matter expeditiously and put the concerns that had arisen behind us so that both parties can concentrate on their day-to-day businesses, selling their respective high-quality products. Our intent in this matter was simply to protect Hansen's trademarks and prevent any likelihood of confusion arising in the future through potential product extensions and was not to prevent Rock Art Brewery from selling their Vermonster beer."

> Matt Nadeau, owner of Rock Art Brewery, said: "Once Rodney and I were able to talk to each other we quickly appreciated each other's points of view and he acted reasonably, which allowed us to rapidly come to an agreement we are both happy with and allows both of us to move forward positively."