Customer Service 866.965.0400

Old MF Towels Condition

echang2

Question

Hi,

Recently, I received an order of the super plush MF towels and I noticed how much softer they were compared to my old ones. Has the towel manufacture changed over time or are the old towels past their prime? The older blue MF towels arrived in March '09 and the new blue MF towels arrived in Sept '09. The towels are washed after every use (gentle, cold, Woolite). I just started hang drying them, but before it was dryer on low with no dryer sheet. Do the older towels need to be boiled or should they just be replaced?

The photos are from left to right, newest (9/09) to oldest (3/09), with corresponding closeups.

Thanks,

Ed

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

WOW yours are all kinda balled up looking... Mine look like new and some are a year old now. I don't dry them in the drier though. I hang them on a sweater rack.

All mine basically look like your new one, except the older ones lost a bit of their color.

Chris

I never throw mine in the dryer for this very reason. Now you know first hand why I always say, hang dry only!

i have the old towels and still are pretty much new!i dry mine on medium and dont have any problems!:2thumbs:dang i remember when they had a orange towel!before the blue ones!

i have the old towels and still are pretty much new!i dry mine on medium and dont have any problems!:2thumbs:dang i remember when they had a orange towel!before the blue ones!

I would love to compare my used towels to yours. I bet there would be a noticeable difference. yesnod.gif

The tag says wash warm, dry warm, no fabric softener!:D

Microsoft said that you could run Windows XP with 64Mb of RAM too...

wow AJ........... that was such a geek reference. J/k bro :)

lol.gif

Yea, I know. But the more I learn about a manufacturer's "recommendation", I've learn to NOT follow them to the letter of the law. Anyway, I've been washing cloths since I was 7 years old. Momma had me packing laundry at an early age! :willy:

I would love to compare my used towels to yours. I bet there would be a noticeable difference. yesnod.gif

Ok if you dont believe me heres some pics...keep in mind these towels were purchased in 2007 there almost 3 yrs old and have been washed prob more than 10 times!

mftowel4.jpg

the two on the left are used the one on the right is brand new!i have never used it!its only been washed once!besides a little color loss on the 2 to the left how much difference is there?

and heres a close up pic of a new one.

mftowel2.jpg

heres a close up of a used one.

mftowel.jpg

heres a pic of a mf applicator!

mftowel3.jpg

Edited by Junkman2008

You can't feel pictures.

True but you can see i havet fried them with the dryer either!:lolsmack: junkman have you ever used any of the "old" blue towels before the new ones came out?the ones with the silk edges?

Edited by Junkman2008

So do i,all i was trying to prove is you can dry them in the dryer just on low heat,without messing them up!:cheers: and from what you have used how much better are the new ones than the old ones?

All my towels feel exactly the same. I can't tell the new ones from the old ones because I air dry them. Just because you can dry them in the dryer doesn't mean that it is good for them. I know for a fact that air drying is a lot better for any fabric.

All my towels feel exactly the same. I can't tell the new ones from the old ones because I air dry them. Just because you can dry them in the dryer doesn't mean that it is good for them. I know for a fact that air drying is a lot better for any fabric.

True air drying is the best.BUT in the winter if you dont have a something to hang them up on in the house....your just going to have a popsicle if you dry them outside! lol

The OP's pictures show some serious balling IMO... I'd say try a boiling in water with white vinegar and see how they come out. Theres really no cause for concern, its not like in that condition they suddenly become unsafe for your paint, its just that they'll be slightly less effective at removing wax/polish and I certainly wouldn't use them for dusting in that condition as the contamination won't be pulled into the knap, it'll just ride on the surface.

Just to add that I've always washed my micro-fiber towles in the washer in hot water and add about 12 to 16 ounces of distilled white vinegar and just recently started to add tide in with the vinegar and for them being this old man are they soft and fluffy

And always put in the dryer for about 30 to 40 minutes on the timed dry and have never got any balling or anything. When dried and folded up they are still thick and plush. I couldn't even imagine how many times I've washed them over the years!

There the old blue thick ones from wal-mart that I bought about 5 or 6 years ago in the 24 pack. Have been trying to find them again but no luck anywhere.

Edited by stang_krazy

Just to add that I've always washed my micro-fiber towles in the washer in hot water and add about 12 to 16 ounces of distilled white vinegar and just recently started to add tide in with the vinegar and for them being this old man are they soft and fluffy

And always put in the dryer for about 30 to 40 minutes on the timed dry and have never got any balling or anything. When dried and folded up they are still thick and plush. I couldn't even imagine how many times I've washed them over the years!

There the old blue thick ones from wal-mart that I bought about 5 or 6 years ago in the 24 pack. Have been trying to find them again but no luck anywhere.

This is totally contradictory to any cleaning of MF towels that I've ever seen. Not even the label on the towels recommend hot water. If the Wal-Mart towels feel soft to you, then you must not have any of the Adam's towels. Adam's towels are night and day from those Wal-Mart, made in China towels.

lol.gif

But the more I learn about a manufacturer's "recommendation", I've learn to NOT follow them to the letter of the law.

SO TRUE!!! You've seen a couple things I've done and know I feel the same way.

I agree that one manufactures micro-fiber is not like all others but to that degree I too know that 90% of china's micro-fiber towles are junk.

The adams towles could be 10x better but these aren't the junk microtex neither. Not saying in anyway that they are better then adams I haven't tried any to be honest but has long as I've been doing this it has worked great for me.

The reason I use hot water is that I know that like anything else hot water will clean alot better then cold water when it comes to removing waxes-dirt grim and such and my opinion and my thoughts are that I want my micro-fiber to be completely clean and free of any contaminants that might me clinging to the knaps of the fiber.

Edited by stang_krazy

... The reason I use hot water is that I know that like anything else hot water will clean alot better then cold water when it comes to removing waxes-dirt grim and such and my opinion and my thoughts are that I want my micro-fiber to be completely clean and free of any contaminants that bight me clinging to the knaps of the fiber.

And that guaranteed cleaning method is what draws the fibers up into a knot and causes them to create micro-scratches in your paint. You must have a light colored car to not see it because the brand new China made microfiber (all 100% of them) are hard to begin with. Wash them in hot water and you may as well be sanding the car when you use them.

Like I figured, you have never used a Adam's microfiber because if you did, you would never use those made in China towels again. Adam's doesn't make them so that is NOT why they are quality towel. These are made in Korea where the best quality microfiber is produced. This is a widely known industry fact. They are night and day from the ones you have.

Just one observation from reading this thread, I think Jarrett is a witch. He is putting his MF in a dryer and it still looks good !!!! Lets tie a big rock to him and throw him in the well. If he sinks and dies then all is forgiven :D

But if he floats we need to run like hell cause he's a witch and he's going to turn us all into turtle wax users :willy::willy::willy:

PS

Did I mention I screwed up my back yesterday and am heavily medicated :D

Just one observation from reading this thread, I think Jarrett is a witch. He is putting his MF in a dryer and it still looks good !!!! Lets tie a big rock to him and throw him in the well. If he sinks and dies then all is forgiven :D

But if he floats we need to run like hell cause he's a witch and he's going to turn us all into turtle wax users :willy::willy::willy:

PS

Did I mention I screwed up my back yesterday and am heavily medicated :D

OMG. The Mayor's on meds. God help us all! :lolsmack: