Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applicator pads

694doorbird

Question

I tried the new RED applicator pad today with the Buttery wax on my ranger. I put a light coat of detail spray on it, three pea sized drops of wax on the pad. When I started applying it to the hood, it seemed to "dry" out by the time a 16"x16" square was done. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong? I do like the way the pad felt in my hand though:2thumbs:

I'm going to try to do the full treatment by hand on the Sable Saturday. Should I treat the orange pad (SHR) and blue pad (Revive polish) the same way?

13 answers to this question

I tried the new RED applicator pad today with the Buttery wax on my ranger. I put a light coat of detail spray on it, three pea sized drops of wax on the pad. When I started applying it to the hood, it seemed to "dry" out by the time a 16"x16" square was done. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong? I do like the way the pad felt in my hand though:2thumbs:

I'm going to try to do the full treatment by hand on the Sable Saturday. Should I treat the orange pad (SHR) and blue pad (Revive polish) the same way?

The three pea sized drops is for polishing, for wax put more on. Some people will put an X of wax on the pad, some will put an O on the pad. No need to restrict yourself to a 16x16 section either, go nuts :hi::hi::hi:

The hood was very cool. The temps today were in the upper 50's. I'm thinking I used to little wax and tried to do a big section. When I do the sable, I'll try either an X or O and maybe a bit more detail spray for the wax to see if it goes a little further.

when I waxed our charger with the buttery and the applicator I did the x and then folded the pad in on itself to spread it out. I was able to wax the hood/drivers side before I needed to wipe it off.

I used the new red applicator pad with the wax and made an X when I did the sable Saturday. Worked great!!

Yea, the 'pea sized drop' thing is more for using a machine to polish. When hand applying wax use as much as you need to get a nice thin even coat on the paint. The applicator itself with soak in a good amount of product and when applying by hand you don't have the benefit of the speed/consistency of the PC to distribute the product evenly over the surface.

or as Bill said "Go NUTS!!"