Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did I Do Something Wrong?

DP 08 GXP

Question

i went to clay bar my car the other day after washing it and noticing that the paint felt pretty crappy....i used Sonus detail clay (adams will be ordered shortly lol)...well i only needed to do my hood roof and trunk lid. after i got done i looked at my hood on an angle under florescent lights and the parts of the hood that are raised (the lines of the hood) look marred. i know i will be able to buff them out but this was a first for me. i had clayed this car about 4-5 times before this and this never happned. can any of you think why this would have happened? too much pressure maybe? i used plenty of QD while i was doing it so i dont think that was it. thanks for any help!

6 answers to this question

Hi Derek, you probably didn't do anything wrong. (well, not using our goods is a terribly foolish thing to do, but hey, we hope to earn your business eventually!)

I always follow the clay with a polish. In fact, I don't think I've ever removed the Detail Spray after claying. You want to clean the paint after a clay job, so give it a nice polish, and tell us how it looks.

Thanks Derek!:thumbsup:

i was thinking since they advertised it as something that could be used on a weekly basis i wouldnt have to worry about polishing or applying a coat of wax since it also said it didnt remove wax it everytime but i guess they lied :mad:....Adam, most of my bag is filled or will be filled with your stuff so in a matter of time the transition will be complete lol.

i was thinking since they advertised it as something that could be used on a weekly basis i wouldnt have to worry about polishing or applying a coat of wax since it also said it didnt remove wax it everytime but i guess they lied :mad:....Adam, most of my bag is filled or will be filled with your stuff so in a matter of time the transition will be complete lol.

Claying only needs to be done yearly if the car is garaged or about every 6 months if it sits out side. No need to clay the car on a weekly baisis. I've always known clay to remove everything, including wax.

Archived