Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana problems on black

jlbabb

Question

After going over my Black 69 Camaro with the PC with SHR then FMP I used the Americana for the first time. I tried to apply a thin coat & remove 1 or 2 panels at a time. The car looked amazing after the application. I am trying to get ready for the Turkey Run in Daytona, So when I pulled the car out of the garage to put it in the trailer today I noticed a blue haze in several places on the car. Detail spray will not remove the haze. Does anybody have any Idea what caused this & how I can fix it?

20 answers to this question

Seems strange that you'd see "blue" as the product is white and I've used it on all manner of finishes and I've never seen anything like what you're describing.

I will recommend that you not use detail spray in the removal of Americana, the synthetics polymers in DS don't like the natural carnuba ingredients of Americana so you end up with some cloudy results.

If you need ANYTHING to aid in the removal of Americana (which you shouldn't) use a spritz of distilled water.

I agree. Sometimes just doing multiple products in a short period of time makes it difficult. I usually try to do one product at a time and let it set a little in between, seems to help. At work everything is fast paced, and if I have to buff, polish, wax in a hurry, it can be very streaky in the end even if I wipe it down in between products.

I am going to try to reapply Americana when I get it in good light & hope that fixes it. Now that I think about it although I didn't use DS to remove the wax, the MF towel I used may have had a trace of DS on it. I think the problem may be related to the paint. As I said it is base/clear & looks real good to most people, but after the PC process I could see just how bad the paint is. I have other black cars & I am very picky about the way they look. I guess it would be perfect to most people but not to me. That's what made me an Adams user to start with.

Stop right there. What you are seeing is the remnants of either the SHR or the FMP, which was not completely removed when you polished the car. I've seen this before. What happened was you most likely used a liberal amount of either product and didn't get it completely removed before you went forward. This will also happen if you use microfiber towels that are too full of product.

What you need to do is hit the areas in question with FMP and the white pad. Once you complete the passes, wipe the remaining product off the car with a CLEAN microfiber towel. Then, use a Waterless Wash towel and some Detail Spray and wipe the area down again. After that, apply the Americana. This will resolve your issue.

As a matter of practice, I always do a wipe down with Detail Spray before moving to a different product. That means a wipe down between SHR and FMP, and between FMP and the wax I choose to use. I then do another wipe down after waxing, this time using the Waterless Wash. This ensures that you have no product build up which ends up looking like what you see. :thumbsup:

I am going to try to reapply Americana when I get it in good light & hope that fixes it. Now that I think about it although I didn't use DS to remove the wax, the MF towel I used may have had a trace of DS on it. I think the problem may be related to the paint. As I said it is base/clear & looks real good to most people, but after the PC process I could see just how bad the paint is. I have other black cars & I am very picky about the way they look. I guess it would be perfect to most people but not to me. That's what made me an Adams user to start with.

Seems strange that you'd see "blue" as the product is white and I've used it on all manner of finishes and I've never seen anything like what you're describing.

I will recommend that you not use detail spray in the removal of Americana, the synthetics polymers in DS don't like the natural carnuba ingredients of Americana so you end up with some cloudy results.

If you need ANYTHING to aid in the removal of Americana (which you shouldn't) use a spritz of distilled water.

:iagree::iagree: Almost sounds like the Americana, and removal, uncovered something that was already in the paint. I have a black car and never had anything like what you are describing happen.

Detail spray will not remove it. Revive Polish Will. So that makes me think it is under the wax & not on top. I just didn't know if I did something wrong with the wax. As I said I didn't see it at all until after about 5 days. I have it in the trailer now & what ever I do to it will have to be done when I unload at the Speedway so I won't have a ton of time. I may have to live with it till I get back home. Thanks guys for the help & any more info you can give me.

Americana is a pure wax with no cleaners so there is now way it could have taken some paint off.

I'm also curious as you say they are blue? Seems a bit weird to me that a DS and MF would not remove them. Are you sure they weren't here before? Maybe make a quick run over them with a clay bar then White/FMP.

Archived