Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thunderbird up for review

694doorbird

Here's my Thunderbird in all it's glory. I think it turned out pretty good for 41 year old paint!! Clay bar, SHR, RP, Buttery Wax. Done over a three day period. Interior was another full day. Probably the first time the seats were cleaned in the car's history. I've just been vacuuming them. Engine was another day or 2. I can easily spend another day under there.

All this work must of impressed a driver of a brand new Mercedes!!!!!! He kept staring at the Thunderbird and gave me a thumbs up while sitting at a stop light. The appraiser was impressed also. He though that the car was on it's second paint job. When I told him it was still original, he was really impressed!!

On to the show-----

We'll start with the engine,

Enginecompartment.jpg

Engine right side:

Engineleftside.jpg

Engine left side, Splash shield is treated with UCS. Looks better than VRT:

Engineleftside2.jpg

Engine Front, Metal tubes dome with metal polish:

Enginefront.jpg

Vinyl top treated with VRT:

topwithVRT.jpg

Head on view, I have a bumper for it, but it needs to be rechromed first:

Headon-1.jpg

Hood and right fender:

Hoodandrightfender.jpg

Right Side:

Rightside.jpg

Left Fender:

Leftfender.jpg

Trunk:

Trunk.jpg

Rear View:

Rearview-2.jpg

View of hood through windshield:

Hoodthroughwindshield.jpg

Front seats:

Frontseats.jpg

Interior, Love those suicide doors!!

Interior.jpg

Overhead Console:

Overheadconsole.jpg

I will welcome all comments, good or bad!!!!

Thanks for the replies. I finally broke down and ordered a cover to keep the dust off. I believe that's where most of my troubles started. I'm thinking that sometimes I waited to long when I used my California duster to dust it.

Now, between the Waterless Wash, Detail Spray and cover, I'll be retiring the duster!!!

Guest Chuck A

That has to be one of the most stylish cars ever built! I love the hidden headlights, landau bar, suicide doors and interior. Doesn't that car have sequential tail lights too? It is very cool that you have not made any modifications. Hard to improve perfection.

Wow, what a sweet car.

Chuck A:)

That has to be one of the most stylish cars ever built! I love the hidden headlights, landau bar, suicide doors and interior. Doesn't that car have sequential tail lights too? It is very cool that you have not made any modifications. Hard to improve perfection.

Wow, what a sweet car.

Chuck A:)

Thanks, Yes it does have sequential turn signals. I'm sort of hoping with Ford putting them on the 2010 Mustangs, it might mean a return of a Thunderbird with them.

I've done a few modifications to the car. However, they are what could have been done either at the factory or dealer installed. This is what I've installed:

1) Right hand door mirror -- car has a tremendous blind spot on that side.

2) Rear tail light monitor -- sits on the rear package shelf. Has fiber optic wire that run to tail lights. Allows me to see if the lights are working by looking in the rear view mirror.

3) Had the headlight motors rebuilt -- took care of a big vacuum leak.

What I want to do:

1) Install my Automatic headlight dimmer. A lot of Lincoln Mark III's had them. It would have been a Dealer installed option for the Thunderbird.

2) Have the AM/8 Track modified to AM/FM/8 Track with a MP3 jack. This wayI'll still have the stock radio exterior, but upgraded electronics.

3) Replace the front bumper. I have one, but need funds to have it rechromed.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies. I finally broke down and ordered a cover to keep the dust off. I believe that's where most of my troubles started. I'm thinking that sometimes I waited to long when I used my California duster to dust it.

Now, between the Waterless Wash, Detail Spray and cover, I'll be retiring the duster!!!

My California duster and water blades have been taken out of service also.

Archived