Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to Adams products 8^)

The Rich Dude

Question

Hi everyone, my first post here:glasses:. I'm getting a set of D2 22" inch wheels wich have a chrome lip and clear coated "brushed" finish centre.

Im coming from Zanio products wich I'm very happy with but thought I would try Adams products out on my new car when I get it. I liked Zanio because I could use it on all my wheels and it protected them very well and made them very easy to clean.

Could you guys recommend products from Adams that would work well on my 3 piece wheels and also something that will help protect my wheels from brake dust and etc...?

I hope you don't mind but I'll be asking lots of questions in the near future as I VERY PICKY AND ANAL about keeping my cars in perfect order. By the way my new car will be BLACK!:banana:

Here are my wheels, D2 brought them to Sema to test fit on a car that was there:rockon:

camaro22vs1e.jpg

camaro22vs1j.jpg

20 answers to this question

Great, thanks!

How long has your MSW been lasting on your car? Do you reapply a coat on your car every month? Or just every six months?? What do you do to keep your black looking good?

I want my black camaro to look its best at all times!! Its going to be garage kept but driven daily. Thanks.

MSW is one LASTING wax as long as you wash your car properly with Adam's soap or another gentle non wax stripping soap. It lasted on my Superduty for a good 7 months being driven daily in the rain/sun/winter conditions.

Yes... On the wheels I put it on by hand. On the car I use the PC D/A.

Chris

Great, thanks!

How long has your MSW been lasting on your car? Do you reapply a coat on your car every month? Or just every six months?? What do you do to keep your black looking good?

I want my black camaro to look its best at all times!! Its going to be garage kept but driven daily. Thanks.

Great looking wheel choice.

If you want something to protect them and that lasts, I would use MSW which is Adams Machine Super Wax and is a sealant. It lasts a lot longer than anything else and can put up with the abuse the wheels will take. Adding some BSG Brilliant Spray Glaze to them 12-24 hours later will make the chrome EXPLODE! You need the wait time to allow the oils to settle out of the MSW application, then take a dry MF polish towel and wipe each wheel down and then apply the BSG. You'll be amazed and wonder why you hadn't tried it earlier.

I hope your roads are smoother than the ones I find.

If you're looking to keep scratches down to a minimum, check out Adams' MF products. They are second to none IMO. I was hesitant at first too but don't regret for a second using Adams exclusively.

3 months?? Cry me a river...;) I waited 9 for my G8. :willy:

Chris

I take it your putting the MSW on by hand?

I've already been waiting 3;)

Great looking wheel choice.

If you want something to protect them and that lasts, I would use MSW which is Adams Machine Super Wax and is a sealant. It lasts a lot longer than anything else and can put up with the abuse the wheels will take. Adding some BSG Brilliant Spray Glaze to them 12-24 hours later will make the chrome EXPLODE! You need the wait time to allow the oils to settle out of the MSW application, then take a dry MF polish towel and wipe each wheel down and then apply the BSG. You'll be amazed and wonder why you hadn't tried it earlier.

I hope your roads are smoother than the ones I find.

If you're looking to keep scratches down to a minimum, check out Adams' MF products. They are second to none IMO. I was hesitant at first too but don't regret for a second using Adams exclusively.

3 months?? Cry me a river...;) I waited 9 for my G8. :willy:

Chris

Welcome! You should make a drive to Pennsylvania! Those cars are everywhere here. Two of our local dealers each have 6 of them! My brother just got one in yellow with black stripes. Very nice car.

Check out this Adam's video on cleaning wheels and wheel wells. Lots of good info here. And be sure to post up some pics when you get your car all together. :2thumbs:

RichDude,

Congrats on the new wheels. I know the D2FORGED boys very well and saw the wheels at SEMA - they are insane!

To be honest, I'd use just Adam's soap with water on those. The outers are chrome and the centers are brushed and have a clear coat - you'll find cleaning them will be very easy.

Hit them between washes with a microfiber towel and detail spray to keep them looking their best. Be sure to post pics when you get the wheels on your ride!

Welcome . Sweet wheels. Like what was already posted Americana on them should protect nicely. If memory serves me correctly we have a few here that have converted from Zaino. So i'm sure will will get plenty of assistance

2010 Camaro. Those are my wheels^^^^^ that D2 test fitted at the Sema show a couple weeks ago. There shipping them to me on Monday:banana:

I have been gathering parts for my car for the past month even though I don't have it yet:willy: HAHAHA....

Well when you get it make sure to post some pics. Things going to looks sweet. Just put some american on it and the thing will shine better than new.

Archived