Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seat Embroidery

ESCGOAT

Question

I'm new to Adam's, in fact I haven't used any Adam's Polishes yet, I'm getting the Interior kit for Christmas and I received a bottle of Detail Spray, Under Carriage Spray and Revive Polish yesterday. I've watched the video and I've done a search on Adam's Forum on cleaning seat embroidery, with no luck.

My 2005 GTO has white embroidery on black seats, but it's not so white anymore, anyone know how to get it clean?

The first pic is the seat I used Adam's Upholstery cleaner, not a great shot but you can see the embroidery shines.

picture.php?albumid=280&pictureid=1558

This is the seat I used tooth paste and you can still see the bleached holes around the embroidery.

picture.php?albumid=280&pictureid=1559

So I finally got the chance to clean my interior with Adam's Interior kit and I am truely amazed! The Interior in my 2005 Pontiac GTO with 51,300 miles looks better than new, great stuff, I absolutely love the glass cleaner, wow how easy was that! The leather conditioner is outstanding, I highly recommend this kit it has everything! The towels are outstanding what a difference it makes to have towels that don't shed. Get this kit you will not be dissappointed.

So I do not recommend anything but Adam's Upholstery cleaner on the embroidery, I do not recommend tooth paste, some of the tooth paste got into the holes on the leather and stained them. Adam's Upholstery cleaner did a better job and was easy to use. I did one seat with tooth paste and the other with Adam's Upholstery cleaner and the later looked cleaner.

So much for my buddy with the toothpaste! Can't wait to teach him something new. Thanks for posting your results! Like Chris said.....pics!:cheers:

So I finally got the chance to clean my interior with Adam's Interior kit and I am truely amazed! The Interior in my 2005 Pontiac GTO with 51,300 miles looks better than new, great stuff, I absolutely love the glass cleaner, wow how easy was that! The leather conditioner is outstanding, I highly recommend this kit it has everything! The towels are outstanding what a difference it makes to have towels that don't shed. Get this kit you will not be dissappointed.

So I do not recommend anything but Adam's Upholstery cleaner on the embroidery, I do not recommend tooth paste, some of the tooth paste got into the holes on the leather and stained them. Adam's Upholstery cleaner did a better job and was easy to use. I did one seat with tooth paste and the other with Adam's Upholstery cleaner and the later looked cleaner.

Yeah, it's not Christmas yet, but I used another inferior brand :D and it reduced the white in the holes. I'll be completely detailing my interior after I get by Interior kit for Christmas and I'll post some pictures.

Thanks Guys!

Too late, I only had a light blue toothpaste with whitening, it may have made a difference, but if anyone tries it make sure it does not get on the leather. I did and there are breathing holes in the leather and from an angle the holes are white. :(

Stick your finger into a microfiber towel to make a point and put some leather cleaner on it and wipe the holes. Should work. :cheers:

I didn't ask him, but I think if you're going to try the toothpaste, make sure the toothpaste is white. I'd be afraid to use blue or red toothpaste.

Too late, I only had a light blue toothpaste with whitening, it may have made a difference, but if anyone tries it make sure it does not get on the leather. I did and there are breathing holes in the leather and from an angle the holes are white. :(

Thanks guys, I might try the toothpaste tip, I did try "shout" and gently brushed it in and dried it off with a towel. I did one side (driver's) but really didn't notice a difference. I'll try the toothpaste tip and post my results.

Thanks again!

Don't know if you'd want to try it or not, but I was talking with a buddy earlier and asked him what he uses. He has white embroidery on his seats. He said he uses toothpaste! A little bit of whitening toothpaste on a damp soft toothbrush, brushes the embroidery real well, then uses a damp paper towel to take off the excess, and then leather conditioner on any leather places the toothpaste touched.

Like I said, I never tried it (don't have white embroidery) but his car is his baby and it's immaculate.

Archived