Customer Service 866.965.0400

Power Washer Questions

Bluezey

Question

Hey All, How Ya'll Doin'?

I'm in the market for a power washes, but don't know what to really look for.

I think for starters that it will need to be gas powered, but other than that, I don't know what else to look for.

I looked at a couple different models today, a Honda model that was rated a 3000 PSI, and one that is rated at 2600 psi, and then went and looked at a couple husky models, one had the kohler engine rated at 2600 psi and another husky that had the honda engine rated at 3000 psi.

So any and all help will be greatly appreciated, on like name brands, power, and such.

TIA

Bluezey

19 answers to this question

Here's my setup! I have a 50 ft. hose so I don't have to move power washer.:thumbsup: I can put Adams Car Wash Shampoo in the dispenser and it acts like a foam gun, with ths use of my variable wand. Or I can switch over and use the garden hose.:rockon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=836&stc=1&d=1233606099

can you send me that please lol....nice setup :thumbsup:

Does it have an adjustable pressure regulator on it? I have a 3800 PSI capable power washer but I usually use it at <2000

No I don't have regulator on it but it does have different nozzles.

It does have the tank for soap or whatever, but I'm trying to mount a clear bottle to see how much I use and when it's about empty.

Good tips Kicktothejunk:thumbsup:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

Couple tips on the pressure washer (gas powered)

Always check the oil before starting the unit every time you use it. If it's low, just pour a little in and you're golden. I've actually changed the oil in mine about 3 times and I bought it in 2006 from Sam's Club. But, I paint houses for a living and use mine now and then.. plus I maintain my own warez too.

1. Water turned on full blast - before the engine starts

2. Squeeze the trigger on the gun and let the air out of the lines

3. If you can, have someone hold the gun OPEN while you start the pressure washer. (if you have good water pressure, a short tug on the start rope will increase pressure so much that it will put a tension on the engine and make it impossible to pull the rope)

4. (For soap type products used with the injector) - run a half-gallon or so of water through the injector hose when you're done. For bleach (using on your house or whatever) Run a small bottle (16-32oz) of Vinegar through the injector (if your neighbor sucks like my old neighbor did, aim the wand toward his driveway when you do it). This will prevent the chlorine from killing your machine.

Most of the injectors on the units made today feature a post-pump injector... it'll be obvious by where the injector hose joins the party - if it's before the pump... blah... used right, those injectors and some Adam's Car Shampoo - no foam gun required.

As for 'too much pressure', if you're using anything heavier than the White tip (40 degree) you're asking for trouble with a car finish. The 65 Degree (black) tip will be for your light rinse and anything you inject will come out then.

The red tip is for writing your name in your girlfriend's car when she cheats on you. lawl.

Sorry, I was bored and felt like adding my 2 pesos.

The red tip can EASILY write your name in someones paint. I usually use white on paint, or maybe even yellow on the undercarriage. But mainly use common sense on how close you get with what pressure and whatnot.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Couple tips on the pressure washer (gas powered)

Always check the oil before starting the unit every time you use it. If it's low, just pour a little in and you're golden. I've actually changed the oil in mine about 3 times and I bought it in 2006 from Sam's Club. But, I paint houses for a living and use mine now and then.. plus I maintain my own warez too.

1. Water turned on full blast - before the engine starts

2. Squeeze the trigger on the gun and let the air out of the lines

3. If you can, have someone hold the gun OPEN while you start the pressure washer. (if you have good water pressure, a short tug on the start rope will increase pressure so much that it will put a tension on the engine and make it impossible to pull the rope)

4. (For soap type products used with the injector) - run a half-gallon or so of water through the injector hose when you're done. For bleach (using on your house or whatever) Run a small bottle (16-32oz) of Vinegar through the injector (if your neighbor sucks like my old neighbor did, aim the wand toward his driveway when you do it). This will prevent the chlorine from killing your machine.

Most of the injectors on the units made today feature a post-pump injector... it'll be obvious by where the injector hose joins the party - if it's before the pump... blah... used right, those injectors and some Adam's Car Shampoo - no foam gun required.

As for 'too much pressure', if you're using anything heavier than the White tip (40 degree) you're asking for trouble with a car finish. The 65 Degree (black) tip will be for your light rinse and anything you inject will come out then.

The red tip is for writing your name in your girlfriend's car when she cheats on you. lawl.

Sorry, I was bored and felt like adding my 2 pesos.

Thanks Guys, I went and got 2600 psi honda powered washer.

That's a nice set up Chris, but I have something about water and electricity.

Bluezey

Does it have an adjustable pressure regulator on it? I have a 3800 PSI capable power washer but I usually use it at <2000

Here's my setup! I have a 50 ft. hose so I don't have to move power washer.:thumbsup: I can put Adams Car Wash Shampoo in the dispenser and it acts like a foam gun, with ths use of my variable wand. Or I can switch over and use the garden hose.:rockon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=836&stc=1&d=1233606099

Nice setup Chris. Looks like I will have a new project to put on my wish list!! :D

For car washing as little as 1400psi is suitable. Keep in mind higher pressure = increased risk of damage. You get that stream into a paint chip or deep scratch and the pressure will easily rip a layer of paint clean off the car.

:iagree: If I remember correctly car washes have around 1400 psi.:2thumbs:

I agree with both guys that it depends on what you want to use it for. I bought a Honda engine 2600 PSI unit but I wanted to be able to clean the concrete drive and walk with it as well as all the other uses like cleaning the house. You have to be very careful how close you get or you will do damage to houses and cars. I like the PSI though for cleaning the stains off the garage floor and driveway.

Archived