Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cloth seats....what to use to clean spots?

phdpsy

Question

I have a 2000 Cobra R that has black cloth Recaro seats. The previous owner had apparently done some 'spot cleaning"...probably with just water. Anyway, there are a few spots where it looks like a spot was wiped down and when it dried there is like a lighter residue around the edges that basically outlines the spot that was cleaned. It is not dramatic, but it drives me crazy. I've just been resisting trying to address it until I have a plan. I'm likely to go ahead and clean the entire seat surfaces as being close to 10 years old I'm sure there is some general dirt that needs to go as well. Would you guys suggest some type of steam cleaning? I've seen some machines at the nicer car washes, but never had the guts to try one. You never know where those things have been! :eek:

They don't even make these seats anymore, so I want to get it right the first time

8 answers to this question

Try the carpet and upholstery cleaner.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-35-adams-carpet-upholstery-cleaner.asp

Test spray a little bit on a microfiber and rub it on a small spot that you can't see to be sure it won't fade your fabric. If you're good, then simply spray the area, or put some on a micro to wet it, and then rub it on the spot. Rub it in, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it off and if you need to, use a toothbrush or an interior brush to get it all off.

.:cheers:

Test spray a little bit on a microfiber and rub it on a small spot that you can't see to be sure it won't fade your fabric. If you're good, then simply spray the area, or put some on a micro to wet it, and then rub it on the spot. Rub it in, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it off and if you need to, use a toothbrush or an interior brush to get it all off.

I am with Rich!:rockon:

Looks like I'll have to look into ordering some....hmmmm, wonder what else I might find along the way.

The material is really pretty thin on these types of seats and I was told by an owner of the same style car not to rub too aggressively on the seat material as it apparently car stretch when wet and not return to its original fit. I guess a gentle touch is called for.

Looks like I'll have to look into ordering some....hmmmm, wonder what else I might find along the way.

The material is really pretty thin on these types of seats and I was told by an owner of the same style car not to rub too aggressively on the seat material as it apparently car stretch when wet and not return to its original fit. I guess a gentle touch is called for.

I don't think you can much more fragile then my Thunderbird seats. I used a soft brush with very little pressure.

Archived