Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Clay Bar

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-36-64-oz-clay-bar.aspx

36.jpg

Adam's Fine Grade Clay Bar is incredibly safe, and effective at removing surface contamination. Even new vehicles need Clay! Our new Blue Bar is the finest and safest detailing clay for your vehicle’s finish. It removes surface contamination safely and easily without skid or swirl marks. Each Clay Jar contains one (1) 6.4 oz Clay Bar.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

When do you know its time to replace your clay? I still have the yellow clay that has been used maybe four times.

I do not notice contaminates but it sure is sticky.

Replace the clay when you can't fold it over to expose a clean, new surface. To get the most out of your Adam's bar, rip it into 4 pieces - each piece will last about 3 cars.

When do you know its time to replace your clay? I still have the yellow clay that has been used maybe four times.

I do not notice contaminates but it sure is sticky.

Since it's yellow.........toss it. Get the Adam's blue clay. Fantastic! :2thumbs:

Since it's yellow.........toss it. Get the Adam's blue clay. Fantastic! :2thumbs:

Wasn't the yellow clay supposed to be the best one they had, but can't sell anymore because of a patent?

edit: nevermind, Bill already yelled at you :lolsmack:

Wasn't the yellow clay supposed to be the best one they had, but can't sell anymore because of a patent?

edit: nevermind, Bill already yelled at you :lolsmack:

I actually get paid to yell at Rich, Adam send me $1 for each yelling :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be retiring soon :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually get paid to yell at Rich, Adam send me $1 for each yelling :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be retiring soon :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that all? Heck, I'm getting $2.00 just to agitate you! :lolsmack:

NOOOO !!!!!! Keep that yellow clay, it is great stuff. You can't even get it anymore unless your in Canada. I think it will be available again in a year or two :rockon::rockon::rockon:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: True! Yellow is best, and will one day again be available in the USA. Until then, the Blue is the best available in this country today.

:thumbsup:

This blue seems to work pretty good as far as clay goes?

I have some yellow stuff from GG and haven't found either one works better?

The Griot's is a little more aggressive than the blue bar, and is also made by the same people that make the Blue.

If you can stretch your clay bar 16" before it breaks, you have the old clay compound, now only legal for sale outside of the USA.

Unfortunately!!

The Griot's is a little more aggressive than the blue bar, and is also made by the same people that make the Blue.

If you can stretch your clay bar 16" before it breaks, you have the old clay compound, now only legal for sale outside of the USA.

Unfortunately!!

Why is it illegal.

The only Meguiar's claybar I've used were the tiny ones that came with the 'quick clay kit' and they were like taffy. I used them on my wheels once and threw them out. This was over 2 years ago though, I haven't used anything but Adam's blue clay since. It's very easy to work with, picks up a ton of microscopic contaminants, and leaves the surface smooth as glass. I keep a plastic sandwich bag in my detail bag to demonstrate the need for clay to people at car shows

Edited by GerryC

The only Meguiar's claybar I've used were the tiny ones that came with the 'quick clay kit' and they were like taffy. I used them on my wheels once and threw them out. This was over 2 years ago though, I haven't used anything but Adam's blue clay since. It's very easy to work with, picks up a ton of microscopic contaminants, and leaves the surface smooth as glass. I keep a plastic sandwich bag in my detail bag to demonstrate the need for clay to people at car shows

cool thanks. the clay i have now is a big hunk of yellow clay from mother's