Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noob with a couple questions.

adamwedge

Question

Hello all,

I recently received my PC package and have a couple questions.

1. How important is it to clay a vehicle? I understand about how if you can feel it, it should be clayed, but is it absolutely necessary for correction?

2. Using the products in the sun, would I get the same results vs. in the shade?

Thanks in advance!

13 answers to this question

Hello all,

I recently received my PC package and have a couple questions.

1. How important is it to clay a vehicle? I understand about how if you can feel it, it should be clayed, but is it absolutely necessary for correction?

2. Using the products in the sun, would I get the same results vs. in the shade?

Thanks in advance!

If the paint needs clayed it is very important to do so. Put your hand in a plastic baggie gentley rub over paint, you will feel if the paint is bumpy or smooth.

As far as working in the sun or shade, you can work in the sun, but it is much better to work out of the hot sun! I always work in my garage!!:glasses:

claying is the most important step. if you don't clay, any work you do with the PC will be for nothing. claying will remove the contaminants from your clearcoat that would otherwise diffuse sunlight. removing these contaminants is imperative in achieving the maximum potential of your car's shine. you don't want to skip this step, and move onto the PC only to not get your desired results. depending on the size of your car, claying shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes, and you only have to do it about twice a year depending on your car's storage conditions

adam's advertises that you can use products such as the buttery wax in the sun, but ideally you should do all your work in the shade and while the surface of the car is cool to the touch.

claying is the most important step. if you don't clay, any work you do with the PC will be for nothing. claying will remove the contaminants from your clearcoat that would otherwise diffuse sunlight. removing these contaminants is imperative in achieving the maximum potential of your car's shine. you don't want to skip this step, and move onto the PC only to not get your desired results. depending on the size of your car, claying shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes, and you only have to do it about twice a year depending on your car's storage conditions

adam's advertises that you can use products such as the buttery wax in the sun, but ideally you should do all your work in the shade and while the surface of the car is cool to the touch.

:iagree:

Ok, thanks for the info. Going to get a clay bar. It all makes sense now.

Maybe i'll have to pull the boat out of storage and use my 50' locker! lol. The truck won't fit in my garage. But it's supposed to be in the 20's here for a couple days...good thing i didn't get the 7424 yet, I would be antsy lol

I agree with what has been said. Also, remember that a huge part in the results you get are in the process, and the proper process includes clay. You can buy a $100 jar of wax, but if you don't properly prepare/prep the surface, it's not going to do you much good. If you've never worked with clay, you'll quickly find out how easy it is to use.:thumbsup:

Walmart sells Clay Magic, which does a good job. However, I believe it's a 100 gram bar and probably costs about $15. The Adam's bar is 200 grams, so it's a better deal, and Adam will stand behind the product. Good luck getting someone from Clay Magic to help you out if you have any issues. If you're not in a rush, I would just order the Adam's clay. Plus, the Adam's clay comes with a jar to keep your clay in, so it doesn't dry out. I don't know of too many other clays that come with something to keep it in.:2thumbs:

Archived