Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Member from New Orleans

Detail ExTreMisT

Hi all. I'm new to Adam's products,....and this forum. Good to be here. I've spoken 1 on 1 with Junkman a couple of times on the Camaro5 forum and I must conclude he has to be one of the most funny yet knowledgeable people on detailing I've ever met. Once I got my 2010 Camaro SS, I've fell in love with the car and because of that, I've been very strict on it's upkeep. Take strict literally. But anyway, I love cleaning my Camaro, it's my new hobby and it has also become my new form of stress relief.

lol. Yeah, since I got my Camaro I've been looking for ways to preserve it's "perfect paint", that's where I came across Junkman and his videos on detailing and the porter cable 7424. His videos really opened my eyes from "the matrix". I use to clean my Camaro improperly,...with Pepboys/Autozone "microfiber" towels,....now I use them to clean my wheels. :hi:

I've since purchases Adams detailing kit because I really wanna learn to take out those swirls, even though they're faint, I don't want any! I just love detailing my car, and I've noticed I've very thorough; I like to clean ever crack and crevice of my car. And after seeing a video on Paul Dalton, he's inspired me to take my detailing to the next level. I want to be good like him,...it's a learning process, but I'm committed to it. Soon, I'll be taking my wheels off cleaning the entire wheel, just like he does. lol. Yes, it's that serious to me. I came across Pauls products which are basically Swissvax, very high priced stuff. I'm going to purchase some of his waxes, but not right now. I want to use Adams stuff up first, and actually, if Adams products seems to produce the same shine as Paul Daltons products, I'll stick with his forever. But one thing I dunno if Adam's wax can produce is that ridiculous "water beading" effect as Paul Daltons Crystal wax. That stuff just makes water glide off the surface of your car at a ridiculous rate. I've produced somewhat of the same effect with McGuire's spray but that stuff does it a little better.

I don't want to talk forever,....but it's good to be here, and I can't wait to start learning more on detailing. See you guys around.:pc:

BTW,....today was my birthday! Woot!!!

:birthday: 24Yrs old.

Hey MeL,

New Orleans here too. I can give you some insight on what you have asked. I also have the 2010 Camaro 1SS. Love the car. In addition to that, I own a 2008 Corvette Z06, 2007 Mercedes GL450, 2007 Chevy Tahoe, and 1957 Corvette. I have tried almost everything. I too am crazy about keeping ALL my cars clean which is a real challenge. In regards to your question if Adam's is as good as the other "High Price" stuff. I say yes if not better. I have purchased Dalton's Crystalwax and although it does give a very good beading, it is NOT worth the money over products like Adam's. As you know off of other forums like Camaro5.com, they have some diehard Zaino people. Although I have used Zaino before, Adams is easier to use and gives just as good a shine. I posted a thread a little over a week ago explaining how someone broke into my garage and stole several things. In fact, they stole ALL of my Adam's products and left all the Zaino. They must have been real detailers. I use all of Adam's products. I will say that my final wax is Wolfgang Fuzion at this point which is a Carnuba wax. I'm only using this until I run out and then I'm going to try the Americana. I hear good reviews about it and can't wait to try it. As the Junkman always says, it's not the wax that makes the shine but the prep before. That can't be more true. Like I said, I've been using Adam's for over 5 years now and have tried almost everything and I'm still with Adam's. You can beat his detail spray, under carriage spray, VRT and if you cross your fingers, maybe you will be able to buy his In & Out spray again soon. That was the best trim product in the world until they had to pull it because of the crazies in CA. Sorry CA members for the insult there! Well enough from me. In short, I'm with Adam's with all my cars. You can find me out in the driveway every Saturday washing one if not two of them. Save your money for mods on that Camaro. Don't waste it on the high dollar waxes. Take it from someone who has walked that path already.

Send me a PM and let me know where you are. I'm in Kenner near the Treasure Chest. Maybe we can get together and compare our finished products one day. Have fun with that Camaro and try and keep it under 120.

George

You are going to love this forum . There is a lot of knowledge in here and

the people in here are willing to help with any Questions you might have

Glad you got hooked up with Adams Product there is none better.

So welcome and spread the word about Adams:welcomebanner:

Wow. Thank you all for the good welcome. I feel right at home. lol. Good news, just today I received my pads for my porter cable; the white and black pads. And I also got a second chance to talk to Adam. I can't believe I actually talk to this guy! He is so **** cool! If there is anyone who ever doubted Adam's customer service, let me tell you,.....this guy is amazing. Great customer service skills! I actually didn't expect to talk to him, I expected to talk to one of his "workers" lol, just like with other companies, you never get to talk to the boss. I was just calling Adam to track my order on those pads because I didn't receive them yet, and this guy was actually willing to send me 2 of his demo pads he's only used once until my back-ordered pads came in, that way I could get to work immediately on my car! He even was putting it under one-day shipping so I'd get it tomorrow. But to my amazement once we got off of the phone, about 20 minutes passed and FedEx was at the door with my back-ordered pads. I'm so happy, I can start bright and early tomorrow. To make along story short, Adam is a really great guy, he went beyond 100% to complete my order. I highly suggest anyone to order from this guy. I'm definitely going to be purchasing future stuff from him. I actually plan on buying the 5 gallons of detailing spray. Yup...I use it that much.

Oh and I can't wait until Junkman and Adam both come down here to New Orleans for Jazz fest. I'd love to meet them, hell, I'll even accommodate them! Hold me to it! But here are some pictures of the Camaro SS before it rained today. It's really good to hear from you all! And George, I'm in New Orleans East buddy, but I work in the Metairie area. If you ever want to see the Maro just stop by Sears, you can't miss it in the lot. lol. And yea, maybe if fate allows it, we can meet up and compare our "perfect paint".

Catch you all L8r.....:grouphug:

noboz4.jpg

fenhx5.jpgqrntqb.jpg

Hey there Mel! How did it go, did the weather break for you? My cell phone didn't ring, so I hope your SS is now perfect!

Great talking with you, truly great. Hope to see you for Jazzfest this year . . . . talked with the Junkman today about it in fact. . . .stay tuned!

Be well, and thanks for taking time to talk last week Mel,

-Adam:thumbsup:

Hey there Mel! How did it go, did the weather break for you? My cell phone didn't ring, so I hope your SS is now perfect!

Great talking with you, truly great. Hope to see you for Jazzfest this year . . . . talked with the Junkman today about it in fact. . . .stay tuned!

Be well, and thanks for taking time to talk last week Mel,

-Adam:thumbsup:

Wow, hey what's up Adam!? It's always good to hear from you man! Always giving it to us "straight up". lol. The weather down here has been really horrible, as in wet; 2 days of rain, can't get worse. Anyway, I put in a 13 hour detail of my SS a couple of days ago. I started at 8am, and finished at 9pm; none stop. Man, this stuff is really time consuming, you know, using the PC7424? It's only time consuming because Im serious about the results I wanted, had to put in that work! It's fun but the results were well worth it. I removed 2 really visible scratches from my car with your SHR. Amazing! Didn't take long to remove those either. I should have did a before and after, but those things are gone.

Adam, I love your products man, I'll never go to another brand for nothing. I swear that detail spray is the spray of the gods, it gives my car a really clean cut "just waxed" look. I don't see it getting any better than this. Honestly, your products give me the results I wanted, no need to switch. The stuff even works on the wheels!! lol! The wheels!! What detail spray you know actually works on the wheels?!

Yeah but I got a chance to add your SUPERWAX to my car, man, it produced a beautiful finish. After I waxed the car up, then applied some detail spray, I went to the local gas-station close to the house, and man it was ridiculous, I had at least 3 different people take pictures of my car with they're cell phone! That's the most I've ever had in at a single time. One guy walked up to me and was like "is that your car"? And I'm like "but of course", he then said "it looks amazing, you just picked it up? Is it foreign"? I looked at him and laughed so hard. I'm like what?! He goes on to tell me it looks like I just picked it up from the factory because the finish looks diamond like, and sharp. I then recommended him to your website:Adams Polishes. He thanked me and hoped whatever I used can make his truck shine like my car.

To get that out in public, man, the feeling is irreplaceable. I just want to thank you Adam. Great stuff! Oh yea, your customer service is EXCELLENT Adam. I still can't believe you gave me your cell phone number! lol! And I actually talked to you on or 3 occasions! You usually never get to speak to the owner of a company, usually your talking to they're workers. I think this is great of you. As far as Jazz-fest goes, if you guys are going to be there, then so will I! No doubt! I'm definitely going. Looking forward to seeing you guys in action. Hope your using that porter cable too. :cheers::grouphug:

Wow, hey what's up Adam!? It's always good to hear from you man! Always giving it to us "straight up". lol. The weather down here has been really horrible, as in wet; 2 days of rain, can't get worse. Anyway, I put in a 13 hour detail of my SS a couple of days ago. I started at 8am, and finished at 9pm; none stop. Man, this stuff is really time consuming, you know, using the PC7424? It's only time consuming because Im serious about the results I wanted, had to put in that work! It's fun but the results were well worth it. I removed 2 really visible scratches from my car with your SHR. Amazing! Didn't take long to remove those either. I should have did a before and after, but those things are gone.

Adam, I love your products man, I'll never go to another brand for nothing. I swear that detail spray is the spray of the gods, it gives my car a really clean cut "just waxed" look. I don't see it getting any better than this. Honestly, your products give me the results I wanted, no need to switch. The stuff even works on the wheels!! lol! The wheels!! What detail spray you know actually works on the wheels?!

Yeah but I got a chance to add your SUPERWAX to my car, man, it produced a beautiful finish. After I waxed the car up, then applied some detail spray, I went to the local gas-station close to the house, and man it was ridiculous, I had at least 3 different people take pictures of my car with they're cell phone! That's the most I've ever had in at a single time. One guy walked up to me and was like "is that your car"? And I'm like "but of course", he then said "it looks amazing, you just picked it up? Is it foreign"? I looked at him and laughed so hard. I'm like what?! He goes on to tell me it looks like I just picked it up from the factory because the finish looks diamond like, and sharp. I then recommended him to your website:Adams Polishes. He thanked me and hoped whatever I used can make his truck shine like my car.

To get that out in public, man, the feeling is irreplaceable. I just want to thank you Adam. Great stuff! Oh yea, your customer service is EXCELLENT Adam. I still can't believe you gave me your cell phone number! lol! And I actually talked to you on or 3 occasions! You usually never get to speak to the owner of a company, usually your talking to they're workers. I think this is great of you. As far as Jazz-fest goes, if you guys are going to be there, then so will I! No doubt! I'm definitely going. Looking forward to seeing you guys in action. Hope your using that porter cable too. :cheers::grouphug:

Your hooked, just like the rest of us! :D Welcome!

You are too funny Mel! Glad that you are pleased, and sorry that you have been confronted by so much paparazzi since you detailed out the SS!

I'm honored to have you as a customer, and look forward to shaking hands in New Orleans this year,

Adam:2thumbs:

Archived