Customer Service 866.965.0400

clay...what makes Adam's better?

GTO Guy

Question

Well i just got done using adam's clay for the first time and i gotta say, I cant really tell a difference between it and the clay magic kit I have used for years. The only real diff is the $10 vs $25 price tag (and that does not even count the bottle of DS). Now don't get me wrong, I have the full catalog of Adam's products and have no problem with any of it. I love all that i have. just curious the difference in the clay and what the benefits of the Adam's Clay is.

21 answers to this question

Hi Kris, and thanks for using our goods! As the Junkman said, the same company makes all Clay sold in the USA, Automagic. (Clay Magic.)

They sued all of the smaller companies, who actually made better clay, out of business. We used to sell a stretchy, elastic clay that will again be available in the USA.

As for the price difference, that also goes along with the size difference. Most consumer clay bars come in 80-100gm bars. Our bar is 200gm bar, and comes in a significantly more durable jar w/ lid than the little plastic square case the inexpensive bars are packaged in.

Please remember: If you don't enjoy using our goods at least 110% as much as the others you have used, shoot me an email. Adam@AdamsPolishes.com or call me directly at my desk: 720-473-7100. (If you want to talk after hours, or on weekend, my cell: 303-718-9480.)

If ever unsatisfied with any of our products, I will personally refund 110% of your purchase.

Thanks! -Adam:patriot:

Man Kris, do you think the owner of Clay Magic would drop a post like that in a thread you started?! surprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gif

Regardless of what's in the jar -- which is a better product, BTW -- the thing that makes Adam's best is the label and all the help, advice and customer service that comes with the Adam's name. :thumbsup:

:iagree: Plus, you get personalized service from the owner himself, which was demonstrated in this thread. Good luck getting that from Clay Magic or any of the other mass produced brands.

I hope you dont think i was doing any trash talking. just had a question and thank you guys for the answers. Adam, email sent.

Not at all Kris! I'm just impressed that with everything Adam has to do concerning running the company and being a somewhat new daddy and all, he still makes time to post here on the forum and deal 1 on 1 with his customers! I didn't think any ill will from your post whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Man Kris, do you think the owner of Clay Magic would drop a post like that in a thread you started?! surprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gifsurprised.gif

I hope you dont think i was doing any trash talking. just had a question and thank you guys for the answers. Adam, email sent.

Hi Kris, and thanks for using our goods! As the Junkman said, the same company makes all Clay sold in the USA, Automagic. (Clay Magic.)

They sued all of the smaller companies, who actually made better clay, out of business. We used to sell a stretchy, elastic clay that will again be available in the USA.

As for the price difference, that also goes along with the size difference. Most consumer clay bars come in 80-100gm bars. Our bar is 200gm bar, and comes in a significantly more durable jar w/ lid than the little plastic square case the inexpensive bars are packaged in.

Please remember: If you don't enjoy using our goods at least 110% as much as the others you have used, shoot me an email. Adam@AdamsPolishes.com or call me directly at my desk: 720-473-7100. (If you want to talk after hours, or on weekend, my cell: 303-718-9480.)

If ever unsatisfied with any of our products, I will personally refund 110% of your purchase.

Thanks! -Adam:patriot:

I found that claying the glass with minimal detail spray lube took more crap off the glass and left it even smoother. It seemed to me that too much detail spray wouldn't let the clay work. I dunno?

Claying the glass is a very good idea. There is all kinds of crap on the windshield.

I don't know about the specific clay you have used before but I know with Adam's you get more then the other clay kits I've used in the past.

EXACTLY.

With consumer clay, there is no difference right now from one brand to another because all clay is made by one company until their patent runs out. There are different grits or grades of clay but you will never use anything other than your normal consumer grade of clay on your car. High end body shops will sometimes use the more aggressive grade stuff.

Archived