Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which product to use

sherr20

Question

I just bought a used Toyota Tundra in Super White. Truck is in awesome shape except it needs some serious paint correction. Toyota uses single stage paint with no clearcoat on some colors and Super White is one of them.

Will I still just use the swirl and haze remover with orange pad on this paint? Anything to watch out for with Toyota paint?

2297917670102455196S600x600Q85.jpg

13 answers to this question

Will I still just use the swirl and haze remover with orange pad on this paint? Anything to watch out for with Toyota paint?

Yes you will Jerry. Your paint is a perfect candidate for Adam's Polishes as the products are not overly aggressive and won't wipe out your paint job when using the PC-7424. Also, by having no clear coat, your results will be quicker than those of us who have clear coats. Your process however, will be no different than paint correction on a car with a clear coat.

Have you watched any of Adam's or my videos?

Yes you will Jerry. Your paint is a perfect candidate for Adam's Polishes as the products are not overly aggressive and won't wipe out your paint job when using the PC-7424. Also, by having no clear coat, your results will be quicker than those of us who have clear coats. Your process however, will be no different than paint correction on a car with a clear coat.

Have you watched any of Adam's or my videos?

:iagree: 100% Well said AJ :thumbsup:

Yep, I've watched them all. And I just ordered the "Junkman Paint Correction Kit" last night and used your coupon code.

I will also be using this on my 2009 Audi Q7 which is Phantom Black. Audi clearcoat seems like it is real soft and scratches easily. I have taken very good care of it since buying new last May. I only wash it in the garage (Texas sun a bad thing), it is also garaged for most of its life and has never seen rain. I use the two bucket wash method and have a Cal car duster like yours and remove dust before wiping it down. But and a big but I have some fine scratches that I need to work out. I have been careful but am still learning.

On a side note, I am a former Marine, 1983-1987. Then switched services to the Army and went to flight school and became a Warrant Officer helicopter pilot. I'm still in now and will hit my 27th year of active duty in June. Semper Fi

actually Audi uses something similiar to a ceramic clear coat like Mercedes. All VAG (Volkswagen Auto Group) clear coats are generally considered "Hard" in the detailing community. And take more time to correct than most other foreign vehicles.

Volkswagen Auto Group cars include :

Volkswagen

Audi

Porsche

Lamborghini

Bentley

Bugatti

SEAT and Skoda

just to name a few

I have a 2010 Volkswagen GTI, and gennerally its wise to start with the least abrasive method, if you not seeing results, dont waste your time and product, and go right to something more aggressive. Even on a new car with little damage, I have to usually start with an orange pad, even for light scratches.

also, just because you are getting swirls and light scratches easily does NOT mean you have a soft clear coat. swirls and scratches are bound to eventually happen even with the safest washing and drying methods on any vehicle. even ones that are considered to have "hard" clear's.

also, some may disagree, but unless you love doing paint correction or are really good at it, I suggest you ditch the California Duster pronto. Theres no way around it, they will scratch your car even when used safely. and If you dont have excellent technique with them, you will do some serious scratching to your paint.

I never considered using a CA Duster until I watched AJ's video on how to properly use it. So far so good with it, but it's used on a garaged car, and is never used to do anything, but take light dust off it.

... also, some may disagree, but unless you love doing paint correction or are really good at it, I suggest you ditch the California Duster pronto. Theres no way around it, they will scratch your car even when used safely. and If you dont have excellent technique with them, you will do some serious scratching to your paint.

Totally disagree and my paint will vouch for me. If the CA duster is not only used correctly but for the correct application that it was designed, no scratching will occur. Have you seen my videos on the proper time and use of this duster?

Totally disagree and my paint will vouch for me. If the CA duster is not only used correctly but for the correct application that it was designed, no scratching will occur. Have you seen my videos on the proper time and use of this duster?

I love your video's junkman. They got me into Adams products. I like the Detail spray and Carwash so much that I have pretty much everything he has to offer now. Thank you for that.

Maybe I should have worked my earlier post differently, and said that the California Duster has given me problem personally and its now just easier for me to wash the car. Its just my opinion, sorry if i offended you.

I love your video's junkman. They got me into Adams products. I like the Detail spray and Carwash so much that I have pretty much everything he has to offer now. Thank you for that.

Maybe I should have worked my earlier post differently, and said that the California Duster has given me problem personally and its now just easier for me to wash the car. Its just my opinion, sorry if i offended you.

By no means was I offended whatsoever! I will say this, it is much SAFER to correctly wash your car instead of using the CA duster. Proper washing trumps all dust removing techniques.

By no means was I offended whatsoever! I will say this, it is much SAFER to correctly wash your car instead of using the CA duster. Proper washing trumps all dust removing techniques.

Even more so if you have a FOAM GUN!:2thumbs::banana:

Teresa,

I'll have to post pictures this fall as I am in Balad, Iraq right now doing my day job. Though mostly at night. I'll be home end of September so will be doing a full detail then.

Archived