Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray vs. Waterless Wash

obssest

Question

I have had both products for about a week now and applied both on parts of the car today. I think both are very nice, but I'm not quite sure which will be my "Go To" spray for light dusting and fingerprints between washes. So, I'm looking for feedback from those of you who use both.

Both seem similar to me. I feel like if i diluted the Detail Spray 50/50 with water, it would be almost exactly like the Waterless Wash. At full strength the DS leaves a nice high gloss finish and even seems to hide some micro imperfections I know are there. The WW leaves a nice finish, too, just not as intensely slick and glossy.

If I remember correctly, the Junkman described this difference in his video series as "glossy" with the DS versus "luster" with the WW. I'm right on with this assessment.

The weather was partly cloudy today so I am eager to see what each finish looks like in nice bright sun. I have tried some other quick details sprays in the bright summer sun that really show streaks if you use too much product or try to final wipe with a towel that is too moist.

So far, Adam, I'm diggin' your stuff. I have a feeling American Express will love you too.

13 answers to this question

:welcomebanner:

Adams' Detail Spray is the cornerstone of Adam's Polishes car detailing program. It's a mist and wipe quick detailer that cleans, shines and protects all exterior surfaces, including your car's paint, glass, chrome, trim and wheels! Plus, you can use it inside the car to dust your dashboard, console, door panels, plastic and vinyl. It's so versatile, we should call it Adam's Detail In A Bottle!

I use DS for light dusting.:thumbsup:

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_pub="scott111";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/200/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

Why Go Waterless?

Your car doesn’t always need a full bath with soap and water. Save water, less sloppy, and it's quicker!

How Does it Work?

Spray on moderately dirty finish, wipe clean with our new BLUE Waterless Waffle Microfiber Towel.

Special lubricants and wetting agents encapsulate dirt, and make it easy to clean without water.

How is it different than our Detail Spray? The Waterless Wash is a more effective cleaner, and has more lubricant designed to remove larger dirt particles without issue.

Follow the Waterless Wash with Detail Spray to enhance gloss, and perfect the details!

Adam’s Waterless Car Wash Pros: Prolong wax and sealant durability. It can also be used in the sun!

Cons: If used with a dirty towel, or on an excessively dirty car, micro-scratching is possible.

Do you still need to wash your car with Shampoo and water? Absolutely! After a storm, during the winter, or whenever there is excessive dirt or large pebbles of dirt on your finish, you will still want to treat your vehicle to a traditional wash.

Watch these .... Detailing Videos

I'll echo what was already said -

Waterless is more "slippery" than detail spray and has no gloss enhancers so there is no buildup. If detail spray is used on your garage queen type of car which is never hose and bucket washed the gloss enhancers can build up and look hazy... thats where waterless wash would be better suited.

Also waterless is slightly cheaper so if you are going to use one more frequently WW would be a good choice then you can conserve your detail spray for things like pad priming, clay baring, polish removal, drying, and giving your car a bump in the shine department.

Great info on these products.

I do a 2 bucket wash on my vehicles about weekly, so I'm likely to use the detail spray right after the wash. On one of the videos, the detail spray was applied to a wet car and then dried. I'm thinking this is good for skipping a step but probably won't get the full effect since the DS is being diluted with the water on the car?

After using the detail spray, will using the waterless wash eliminate the DS from the surface, requiring reapplication of the DS? Or is it durable at all?

I'll echo what was already said -

If detail spray is used on your garage queen type of car which is never hose and bucket washed the gloss enhancers can build up and look hazy... thats where waterless wash would be better suited.

Will WCW clean off the DS build up? My car's mainly a qarage queen due to working from home and doesn't really get dirty from the bit I'm out with it. I'm looking to maintain with WCW and DS. My plan had been to use WCW to clean and DS when I wanted to get the shine back.

Great info on these products.

I do a 2 bucket wash on my vehicles about weekly, so I'm likely to use the detail spray right after the wash. On one of the videos, the detail spray was applied to a wet car and then dried. I'm thinking this is good for skipping a step but probably won't get the full effect since the DS is being diluted with the water on the car?

After using the detail spray, will using the waterless wash eliminate the DS from the surface, requiring reapplication of the DS? Or is it durable at all?

The detail spray helps with the drying, I am not sure how it works I just know that it makes drying the car a lot easier.

Will WCW clean off the DS build up? My car's mainly a qarage queen due to working from home and doesn't really get dirty from the bit I'm out with it. I'm looking to maintain with WCW and DS. My plan had been to use WCW to clean and DS when I wanted to get the shine back.

Not really. Waterless wash is really best at removing surface dust, light smudges, etc. Without more scrubbing I wouldn't see it removing all of the gloss enhancers left behind by the DS, but the gloss enhancers should wear off themselves with a regular wash or even from occasional driving. The sun, heat, etc will degrade anything on the paint if the car is taken out.

I've been doing my own unofficial testing these of products before I go big and buy a gallon. The DS definitely has the win in the gloss department.

Is there any reason not to use the DS as a waterless wash? I mean, no reason I should:

1.) California dust the car

2.) waterless wash the car with 3 towels

3.) detail spray the car with at least 2 more towels

...if I can just skip step 2.

Side question here: I haven't use the DS on anything in the interior yet. Is there anything to avoid? leather? and can the waterless wash be used as a interior quick detailer as well?

I don't see why you couldn't use detail spray in place of waterless wash but there's one thing you should consider... waterless wash is cheaper!

Stay away from the leather though. Adam's has products that are made specifically for the interior.

:iagree:

I have gallons of both.. I use the WW for in-between washes. And DS for everything else.

I've been doing my own unofficial testing these of products before I go big and buy a gallon. The DS definitely has the win in the gloss department.

Is there any reason not to use the DS as a waterless wash? I mean, no reason I should:

1.) California dust the car

2.) waterless wash the car with 3 towels

3.) detail spray the car with at least 2 more towels

...if I can just skip step 2.

Side question here: I haven't use the DS on anything in the interior yet. Is there anything to avoid? leather? and can the waterless wash be used as a interior quick detailer as well?

Like AJ said, the WW is cheaper, so even if you buy both you'll save in the long run as WW lets you stretch your DS supply out longer.

Before the WW was released DS was the choice for dusting your car... it still can be, just be aware that WCW is still a little more slippery and encapsulates dirt better than DS, making it the SAFER choice for dusting by a little bit. As with anything the process is more important than the product in these situations... even waterless wash can't protect paint from someone who uses it incorrectly.

Like AJ said, the WW is cheaper, so even if you buy both you'll save in the long run as WW lets you stretch your DS supply out longer.

Before the WW was released DS was the choice for dusting your car... it still can be, just be aware that WCW is still a little more slippery and encapsulates dirt better than DS, making it the SAFER choice for dusting by a little bit. As with anything the process is more important than the product in these situations... even waterless wash can't protect paint from someone who uses it incorrectly.

:iagree:

Archived