Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing car vs touchless high pressure carwash

GGEVOXFTMFW

Question

Hey guys,

Ive always had a situation when trying to wash any of my cars at home because we live on a well, and its really really hard water. If I tried the two bucket method, and adam's wash with my hard water would it work okay? For last few years I've been using this pressure foam car wash thats totally touchless for 9-11 bucks depending if you want it washed twice. Then coming home and going through the car, drying it, do wheels, and spray whole car down with detail spray. Now that I'm pushing detailing more now with my new website I debating on trying hand washing again. Would I get by with the hardness of the water, or stick with what im doing now taking the car to the wash. Sometimes I wonder if im missing stuff in the paint by not doing it by. Thanks

Don-

13 answers to this question

My home water is NASTY too and I have been doing the touchless then drying lightly with DS and then using DS at home to remove any spots/streaks.

Ya thats how I keep up with my car, but now that Ill have people bringing their cars not sure whats the best option. In the past the water would leave all over if i didnt dry it fast enough, and sometimes bake on.

I can't afford to blow 3-400 on a filter.

Im in the same spot, but I almost have to at this point. If you get the wall mount its $300 just dont know where I would hang it. Plus it would pay for itself eventually instead of paying 10 bucks a week, every week.

Do these water filter systems work? Does anybody have experience with them?

I have a CRCspotless water system that works great. My water is the nasthest ever. In fact I won't wash my car at home without this system. It's kinda expensive but you don't even need to dry your car after washing with this system. It leaves absoluty no spots.

At what point to does hard water become a problem? For example, whenever I wash a car I dry it off as soon as possible. Would this allow for enough time for hard water spots to cause damage?

You will be fine. If you dry the car after washing there will not be enough time for the water spots if you get any to cause damage.

Especially if you spray the car down with detail spray like Adam does in the instructional videos. :D

I have hard water where I live (city water) and it prevents hard water spots while I'm drying.

I've also noticed that if I spray down one of the cars with Detail Spray first thing in the morning (when the dew is on it), no water stains appear.

Archived