Customer Service 866.965.0400

Superwax usage

Peterk

Question

I've used sealants before, typically you apply it after polish and wait a while before wiping off. The superwax however says to wait at least 30 minutes then wipe off, then wait another 12hrs and wipe again. My question is since I live in a pretty dusty area and only have a carport, what is the easiest solution? I'm thinking it may be counterproductive wiping down a dusty car the next morning. Any thoughts?

13 answers to this question

The secondary wipe down is to remove any possible hazing that can occur as the product continues to cure or gas out over that 12 hour period. You won't be doing any aggressive wiping, use plenty of detail spray as a surface lubricant and fresh clean microfiber and you should be fine.

The hazing is only a MAYBE and really only prevalent on dark colors... on whites and silvers you won't even notice it if it happens.

Oh yea... black... it'll likely show.

The same rules still apply... if its just dusty the next day use a healthy does of detail spray or waterless wash to remove the dust being as careful as possible. Follow up again with detail spray and a fresh towel to remove any of the residual hazing. You are a brave individual owning a black corvette without an enclosed garage :bow:

Oh yea... black... it'll likely show.

The same rules still apply... if its just dusty the next day use a healthy does of detail spray or waterless wash to remove the dust being as careful as possible. Follow up again with detail spray and a fresh towel to remove any of the residual hazing. You are a brave individual owning a black corvette without an enclosed garage :bow:

:iagree: Alot of DS or WCW! Or Maybe you can use Americana instead of MSW?

Well I like the idea of MSW because it is longer lasting and durable. I guess Ill see how much residue there is the day after.

Two coats of Americana would be as durable as one coat of MSW.

I can give my GTO a coat of Americana in about 20-30 min. My .02 cents.

You can't go wrong with either one!:thumbsup:

Peter,

We need to get you out on a Corvette run sometime. The MSW is a great base, Americana on top will really bring that paint alive! You don't say where in SoCal you are, but watch for a clinic soon, or shoot me a PM.

Bruce

I'm in Santa Barbara, I bought the car about 6 months ago, it's just covered in swirls and scratches so I'm hoping I can polish most of it out.

Yep, dealer installed swirls are standard equipment on all new cars... but the good thing is they are removable and you'll know its done right when you do it yourself.

Archived