Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying after a rain

694doorbird

Question

Would it be safe to spray down the car with DS and dry it with the great drying towel? I've been trying to keep every thing dust free for the most part. I figure that if the car was clean, then got rained on, drying it would be similar to a car wash.

11 answers to this question

Detail spray's directions on back say, "Adam's Detail spray & Waterless Wash"

Even gives seperate directions for doing both. Why would you really need WCW when DS does both? Smells so good too... :willy:

WCW is cheaper and has no gloss enhancers in it... so literally after using it there is nothing additional left behind on the surface.

On the flip size DS has gloss enhancers, so it leaves trace amounts of product behind each time you use it. If you use it enough times and the car never sees a washing the product can build up and cause hazing, requiring you to do a bucket and hose wash to get it off. This is a problem for people who have garage queen type cars that never get soap/water washed.

ALSO, WCW has much more surface lubrication to it so its safer to use for dusting... not that DS isn't but WCW is just that much more slippery.

I've said numerous times, that its best to have both... use WCW for dusting and between wash cleanup. Follow with DS if you want a little extra shine, but otherwise save the DS for clay lube, pad priming, etc. That way you don't waste DS doing between wash cleanups and have enough to clay and do the other things you wouldn't use WCW for.

WCW is cheaper and has no gloss enhancers in it... so literally after using it there is nothing additional left behind on the surface.

On the flip size DS has gloss enhancers, so it leaves trace amounts of product behind each time you use it. If you use it enough times and the car never sees a washing the product can build up and cause hazing, requiring you to do a bucket and hose wash to get it off. This is a problem for people who have garage queen type cars that never get soap/water washed.

ALSO, WCW has much more surface lubrication to it so its safer to use for dusting... not that DS isn't but WCW is just that much more slippery.

I've said numerous times, that its best to have both... use WCW for dusting and between wash cleanup. Follow with DS if you want a little extra shine, but otherwise save the DS for clay lube, pad priming, etc. That way you don't waste DS doing between wash cleanups and have enough to clay and do the other things you wouldn't use WCW for.

:iagree:, very good advice.

Archived