Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good Morning Adams Forum Peeps

70'sChevyGirl

Morning All :hi:

BRRRRRRR it's cold here this morning, thermometer on the wall says, -18:jawdrop: with snow on the ground:help:, so there will NOT be much outside activity today:mad:

The Shiner all Froze Up

Bluezey:pc:

Well we are having a morning heat wave and rain. 54* right now and suppose to drop all day long. By 3pm it will be 28*

I take it you don't like the cold weather?? I love the snow. Bring it on.:burnout:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's overcast and 45 this morning. Supposed to go to the mid 50's today, then we're supposed to get a two day ice storm starting tomorrow. Crazy weather. Oh well, I have nowhere to go if I don't want to. You all have a great day! :grouphug:

Wow, must be nice to walk around in sandals in shorts! It's ZERO degrees here today, but it's looking up: We'll warm up to 19F by noon or 1PM. Brrrrrrrr!

How was the weekend friends? Any crazy Holiday Shopping stories?

Morning All :hi:

BRRRRRRR it's cold here this morning, thermometer on the wall says, -18:jawdrop: with snow on the ground:help:, so there will NOT be much outside activity today:mad:

The Shiner all Froze Up

Bluezey:pc:

Wow, and I was feeling the chill in Boulder, -18!!!!????

Bundle up Bluezey!!!:cool:

You guys would have hated my job. I worked in a steel mill welding railroad cars. The parking lot was 1/2 mile from the plant so you had to walk, plus it was over a bridge so lots of wind. Always fun when the temp dropped to below zero with wind chills of -15 or so. The building was a huge metal structure with no heat or air conditioning, so in the winter, you layered on the clothes and built fires in drums to keep warm. Hot lunch? Yeah right. And in the summer you prayed for third shift, because that tin can heated up like an oven. Try welding under a 15 ton railroad car when it's 95 degrees outside. Did that job for 36 years, so when early retirement was offered up............I said "I'm outta here". :burnout:

You guys would have hated my job. I worked in a steel mill welding railroad cars. The parking lot was 1/2 mile from the plant so you had to walk, plus it was over a bridge so lots of wind. Always fun when the temp dropped to below zero with wind chills of -15 or so. The building was a huge metal structure with no heat or air conditioning, so in the winter, you layered on the clothes and built fires in drums to keep warm. Hot lunch? Yeah right. And in the summer you prayed for third shift, because that tin can heated up like an oven. Try welding under a 15 ton railroad car when it's 95 degrees outside. Did that job for 36 years, so when early retirement was offered up............I said "I'm outta here". :burnout:

Rich, I feel your pain.....

temp IN THE SHADE.

thermostat.jpg

while sporting both Kevlar helmet and vest ( with ceramic coated steel plates....front and back) for 8- 12 hours in direct sunlight.

The pic below is the view out my window:banana:

and that's me outside the track:thumbsup:

Wow, must be nice to walk around in sandals in shorts! It's ZERO degrees here today, but it's looking up: We'll warm up to 19F by noon or 1PM. Brrrrrrrr!

How was the weekend friends? Any crazy Holiday Shopping stories?

Well Adam, your right! I don't own too many pair of long pants anymore. When it's in the 60s here, it's cold, and when it's in the 90s, it's hot. Everything else is why I live in SW Florida.

Actually, my wife and I used to be avid skiers. We used to take a ski vacation every year and went to one of the major ski resorts out west. I loved playing in the snow. Unfortunately, my wife had some health issues and the doctor recommended that she give up skiing. Funny thing, when we stopped skiing I lost my enthusiasm for cold weather. That's what drove me to move to SW Florida when we retired last year.

Rich

Today is day 1 of my vacation, no work until 1/5/09 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I decided to sleep a little late today, now I think I'll take a nap :cheers: When I get up I may have some lunch, then probably take a nap until dinner. Then maybe another nap before I go to bed ;)

I decided to sleep a little late today, now I think I'll take a nap :cheers: When I get up I may have some lunch, then probably take a nap until dinner. Then maybe another nap before I go to bed ;)

sFun_blahblah.gif Must be nice,enjoy the time off:bow:

goodmorningcat.gif

We have a snowstorm coming later today!!! I'm actually excited!! I love it when it snows hard. :burnout::banana::banana::banana::banana::burnout:

I'm in a great mood today. I finally got my Charger back from the dealership and so far so good.

That car makes me happy. smileydancing.gif

glad you got ur car back. ;)

can you please take a nap for me too :D

Morning all :D