Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to remove wax BEFORE claying?

Z71_Denali

Question

looking for a good way to remove what wax is remaining on the car before claying the car.

Zaino guys use Dawn soap in the wash stage before claying, then after claying, use a standard car wash shampoo.

what process does Adam's recommend?

Washing with dawn will strip most of it, whatever doesn't come off with the soap will be removed in the clay and polishing processes. You could skip the dawn all together b/c the polish will remove it as well, only drawback is you pad will get clogged quickly with the old wax.

Keep in mind there are drawbacks to the "dawn wash" it dries out trip and plastic so I generally suggest limiting it to no more than 2x a year and make sure you liberally apply VRT afterward to restore some moisture to these areas.

I'm glad someone asked this - I am getting ready to rework my first attempt on my hood. (too much product-duh) I put MSW on it after my first try(SHR, FMP, MSW), and now I am freed up schedule-wise to redo the hood. Want to get it much closer to perfect.

Will washing the panel with dawn remove MSW? Will claying the MSW treated panel remove the MSW?

Thanks -

Archived