Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant burns like the devil, but works well

IMADreamer

Question

So Fex Ex paid a visit today and since it was raining I thought it would be appropriate to try the glass sealant. So when I got to work after lunch I pulled the car into the garage and washed, clayed, and sealed the window. While spraying the sealant I apparently got some on my wrist and and it burned. ALOT. :help: So a quick trip to the restroom to wash up, and a short hunt for some rubber gloves I was back at it. It goes on very easy and removes even easier. The difference in smoothness is instantly noticeable as you are removing the cured residue. So I pulled the car back outside and waited went back to work. When I came back out side it was raining and the rain was just streaking down the window, to the point that top was nearly free of rain. lol Kinda cool. So I went for a drive, I was meeting my Dad at his farm to help unload seed corn (if you're thinking that's not fun, you are right.) and I got to get the car above 50mph and the bottle is right. You don't have to use your wipers. :jawdrop: Honestly I thought that was some creative marketing and not true. It's absolutely true though. I'd also like to note that there was no wiper chatter like is prevalent with other products similar to this. That is a big win for me as it is the reason I stopped using other products that supposedly did this sort of thing.

So slight burning feeling aside this stuff is pretty slick. Pun intended. :)

I typically don't react to chemicals by my skin burning and turning red but for some reason this did that. So just as a precaution if you have sensitive skin you might want to use some gloves when you apply this.

I would also like to point out the price was a concern for me when I initially saw it but I wanted to try it. However after doing my front windows I used next to no product at all. This little 20$ bottle will go ALONG way so if price was a concern for you don't worry about it, you get your moneys worth.

There is might short review of the new glass sealant. I wasn't sure what section to put it in and I will get pics this weekend when it rains again.

updated with pics

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

I finally used some last night. No hand burning, just make sure to spray away from were you work, it has a potent odor and it isn't a tasty one like all other Adam's products. I can't place what it smells like, but I have used something that has a nearly identical odor.

I think it smells like my gf's finger nail polish remover.

Its pouring here and my glass sealant arrived on Saturday...then the Fedex guy drove off because the suite number wasn't on my address (my fault). It's going to be here tomorrow and I'm going to be applying some right away. My mustang seems to have a buildup of BSG/DS because I drove 100 miles in the rain on the freeway yesterday and a 100 miles home today and the water was still beading off. Can't wait for this to try out.

As for the spring detailing starting lets just say between the shoulder blades is a bit sore and theres a shiny silver volvo running around WA :D

I finally used some last night. No hand burning, just make sure to spray away from were you work, it has a potent odor and it isn't a tasty one like all other Adam's products. I can't place what it smells like, but I have used something that has a nearly identical odor.

it's like detailing preseason right now... or spring training... make sure to stretch before you start guys... don't need any of our guys pulling a hamstring on the first detail of the season :D

You should warm up before you start then stretch after you are done.:thumbsup:

you taste your adams stuff? :lolsmack:

It does have a strong odor though haha. I thought I was in teh clear when I sprayed some on a microfiber pad. Nope... :willy:

I think it smells like my gf's finger nail polish remover.

to me it has that odor and semi scented like potatos

you taste your adams stuff? :lolsmack:

It does have a strong odor though haha. I thought I was in teh clear when I sprayed some on a microfiber pad. Nope... :willy:

to me it has that odor and semi scented like potatos

There are a couple that are hard to not taste they smell so good, but no I haven't tasted them. lol

I finally got some on the mustang's window after claying it and cleaning it thoroughly beforehand. I've driven much more than 400 miles in the rain (much of it pouring) with it and I haven't noticed any degradation of its ability to repel rain. It works awesome and I haven't felt the need to use the wipers barely at all.

New window sealant + RainX latitude wipers= crazy good in the rain.

Now for the real question....how long does it last? :)

Well it's been three weeks, 5 washings, the height of pollen season and many midwestern US thunderstorms later and it works like the day I put it on. Not to mention my car is my daily driver and sits out side 24/7. I'll keep everyone updated.

Well it's been three weeks, 5 washings, the height of pollen season and many midwestern US thunderstorms later and it works like the day I put it on. Not to mention my car is my daily driver and sits out side 24/7. I'll keep everyone updated.

Impressive! Thanks.

I love this time of year... I have a Red Porsche 911 to detail tomorrow with my buddy!! All the cool cars come out of hibernation around this time and we get all kinds of cool pictures on the forums :D

I hear ya! I've seen a lot of "chicken" on the road... I like me some chicken... :D

I got mine yesterday as well. Immediately opened it and took a sniff... Then looked at the bottle to put the cap back on and in BOLD LETTERS it says "do not inhale". Oops...

Not tried it yet.

To busy in the basement organizing and binning all the products on the shelf. I binned a ton of old non Adams products and refilled all my spray bottles to get them ready for the big day.

Chris

Archived